Typhon 3s Spool Gear issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedrockJr

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I tried making a spool the last couple of weeks of been having little success with it. The gear seems to have to much play and wiggle room in it and I believe that is why it is eating the amount of plastic as it is. I don't know if I need like a 2nd ball bearing on that side (the side facing the rear where the nuts are*). I don't know if I need like another of the slipper hubs to let it sit more flush. I don't know what is wrong and I guess this is my last ditch effort before I just give up.

I tried making a spool the last couple of weeks of been having little success with it. The gear seems to have to much play and wiggle room in it and I believe that is why it is eating the amount of plastic as it is. I don't know if I need like a 2nd ball bearing on that side (the side facing the rear where the nuts are*). I don't know if I need like another of the slipper hubs to let it sit more flush. I don't know what is wrong and I guess this is my last ditch effort before I just give up.
Pics?

By the sounds of it you spooled the stock slipper assembly by drilling holes in it and pinning it with screws and nuts.. correct?

And now it walks back and forth in the module.. correct?

So if the above is correct and your using the factory arrma gear, the answer would be the slipper pads must be present in the spooled assembly... That is the only thing that could reduce end to end length of the hubs themselves...

If your using a non- arrma gear then you need to have the means to make the length from hub to hub the same as the factory setup by any means possible...

As @jondilly1974 said.. picture would help immensely...👍

well sorry for the late replay. not releasing you must refresh the page for response to appear. Well I am doing the classic 38t Traxxas Spur Gear Spool so. well after I watch some videos of others spooled step ups. I now am figuring out now that they used 2 slipper hubs where I just used the 2 that came with the stock slipper clutch. Then the plastic that was being eaten away was on the side of the none slipper hub piece which was not flush with the setup causing my little problem. So I also noticed that they used 2 ball bearing on the side that I was getting issues on which might be the way to fix the movement of the assembly. I could be wrong but that is my guess. Going to order what I believe is an extra Arrma Slipper Hub and 10x15x4 bearings.
you know. now looking at it. i am really really dumb.

Attachments

• 20210621_223817.jpg
    20210621_223817.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Back