Typhon Typhon 3s stearing problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dg1726

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Soo I was driving it for maybe 2 mins before I noticed the steering was all outta whack..it only turns right...will barely turn left..nothing seems lodged in there since I can turn it left and right physically with my hand and both sides have the same resistance..but if the servo turns 1 direction fine shouldn't both work!?
If I can figure out how to upload a video it'll be helpful.

Ah... Only turns right? Maybe the servo is gone... I had that a couple of time.
Like I said, I've been struggling to repair them.

These symptoms are quite a comon thread to come up on here. If you are sure there is nothing jamming it, its probably broken... and its time to replace it with something better.
You could replace it if under warranty if you want but its a weak link thats best upgraded imo..

Any recommendations on a servo to buy? I drove this thing maybe 8 times...why'd they put junk servos in there!?!?

Mine lasted for months and it was still ok when I replaced it... so its probably a QC issue.

I love my URUAV BLS 2508...

https://m.banggood.com/URUAV-Deluxe...ase-Servo-p-1532366.html?akmClientCountry=GB&

... its a HV servo though, so unless your escs BEC is capable of 7.4v out, it may not be the best option for you and there are probably other better options for esc becs that only have 6v outputs.

Think there is a JX servo that is very good and popular on here, I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell you about it..

Any recommendations on a servo to buy? I drove this thing maybe 8 times...why'd they put junk servos in there!?!?
Trust me most rtr servos are not very good and either are underpowered and slow, the gears strip or they burn out.

A lot of us on here have been having good luck with these servos https://www.ebay.com/itm/383304449769

You broke your cherry (y)
Its bricked. Welcome to RC.
Get a real nice 25kg servo now and don't look back.:ROFLMAO:
Good question why junk servos come with RTR's. We all asked that ??? Mfr just know they got you hook line and sinker. They keep the pricepoint low. We all end up getting nicer servos. And your rig will Steer much better.

Last edited:
You broke your cherry (y)
Its bricked. Welcome to RC.
Get a real nice 25kg servo now and don't look back.:ROFLMAO:

Good question why junk servos come with RTR's. We all asked that ??? Mfr just know they got you hook line and sinker. They keep the pricepoint low. We all end up getting nicer servos. And your rig will Steer much better.
So frustrating! Bastards know how to get Us hahaha.
Anybody use this one? The Annimos servo will take a month to.deliver, the sunfounder only a few days.

SunFounder 20KG Servo Motor Waterproof High Torque Servo, SF3218MG Metal Gear Digital Servo, Aluminium Case, Control Angle 270° for RC Robot Cars https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VJG5QTJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Ah.GEbJY59RVR

So frustrating! Bastards know how to get Us hahaha.
Anybody use this one? The Annimos servo will take a month to.deliver, the sunfounder only a few days.

SunFounder 20KG Servo Motor Waterproof High Torque Servo, SF3218MG Metal Gear Digital Servo, Aluminium Case, Control Angle 270° for RC Robot Cars https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VJG5QTJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Ah.GEbJY59RVR
Trust me most rtr servos are not very good and either are underpowered and slow, the gears strip or they burn out.

A lot of us on here have been having good luck with these servos https://www.ebay.com/itm/383304449769

Hello my fellow Arrma owners. Ran my Typhon 3s BLX just fine on the road for the first time at the park and had a blast. While running it last night for the second time found it reverse steering from time to time, but after reversing the steering acted normal then out of nowhere would do it again. I notice mainly when turning quick and a slight spin out is when it did it esp if it hit some leaves and did a 180 then I would turn right and it turned left, so turned left then back right and it just went in a circle until like I said reversing it and steering returned to normal. doesn't do it all the time. Any help would be appreciated. Ty in advance.

Hello my fellow Arrma owners. Ran my Typhon 3s BLX just fine on the road for the first time at the park and had a blast. While running it last night for the second time found it reverse steering from time to time, but after reversing the steering acted normal then out of nowhere would do it again. I notice mainly when turning quick and a slight spin out is when it did it esp if it hit some leaves and did a 180 then I would turn right and it turned left, so turned left then back right and it just went in a circle until like I said reversing it and steering returned to normal. doesn't do it all the time. Any help would be appreciated. Ty in advance.
Ok, went to the second family (my second family) and the owner did a couple sterring test pushing down even to put under load, so no tooth problems since they're steel, better not be after 2 runs, and he caught it a couple times when he slowly got to a certain spot felt where it would steer the same way. There's a sensor In the top of the servo that acts dizzy when because it would only do it when I spun out in leaves then once put in reverse would be fine after that until so spun again. Glad they have a 2 year warranty. Just have to special order to come in and its replaced for free. But if the next one does the same looks like the first upgrade. Sorry for the book b ut if it helps someone in the same spot at least they know they're covered.
Ok, went to the second family (my second family) and the owner did a couple sterring test pushing down even to put under load, so no tooth problems since they're steel, better not be after 2 runs, and he caught it a couple times when he slowly got to a certain spot felt where it would steer the same way. There's a sensor In the top of the servo that acts dizzy when because it would only do it when I spun out in leaves then once put in reverse would be fine after that until so spun again. Glad they have a 2 year warranty. Just have to special order to come in and its replaced for free. But if the next one does the same looks like the first upgrade. Sorry for the book b ut if it helps someone in the same spot at least they know they're covered.
Second family was LHS. Sorry

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back