Typhon Typhon 3S steering not proper.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrma118

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I got a typhon 3S V3 when it came out. Had about 25 runs with the car and no issues at all with the servo. Then one day, I jump and hit a curb and the stock servo was glitching when I turnt it. I replaced the servo with a 20 kg power HD servo. I know the stock servo uses a 23tooth gear, and the new servo I got uses a 25 tooth gear, I also could not use the stock servo saver so i just settled for a traxxas plastic white servo saver. With all of this, the steering does not seem To go straight even after I trim it out. My trim is more to the right on the transmitter. Also, when I physically turn the wheels, it is very stiff to turn the wheels- when I had the car stock, the wheels cold turn freely when I turned them with my hands. So is the lack of it not steering freely when I turn it with my hands and it not be centered on my transmitter due to the servo saver ? Because the servo works perfect when I remove it?

Dude, you cheaped out with a crappy plastic Traxxasss servo Saver???? After all that work upgrading? ?‍♂️
I think you answered your own question.:)

Just get this 25 spline one and do it right once and for all. If it were me, I would just use a solid Aluminum clamping servo arm. As long as you have a nice strong 25+ kg servo. Solid arm will keep things dead straight. ST. trimmed correct.

DIRECT MOUNT SERVO SAVER (25T SPLINE) (AR340151) | ARRMA - Designed Fast, Designed Tough (arrma-rc.com)

Dubro also makes a decent heavy duty 25spline SS. Just saying you have many options here. And that yours was incorrect.:cool:

Dude, you cheaped out with a crappy plastic Traxxasss servo Saver???? After all that work upgrading? ?‍♂️
I think you answered your own question.:)

Just get this 25 spline one and do it right once and for all. If it were me, I would just use a solid Aluminum clamping servo arm. As long as you have a nice strong 25+ kg servo. Solid arm will keep things dead straight. ST. trimmed correct.

DIRECT MOUNT SERVO SAVER (25T SPLINE) (AR340151) | ARRMA - Designed Fast, Designed Tough (arrma-rc.com)

Dubro also makes a decent heavy duty 25spline SS. Just saying you have many options here. And that yours was incorrect.:cool:
Nice! As I have said before NEVER I mean NEVER EVER USE A TRAXXAS PART ON UR ARRMA (Or I will call the Arrmolice( Arrma Police) On u):sneaky:

I AM the Arrma PoPo.:mad: And don't forget it.:ROFLMAO:

I got a typhon 3S V3 when it came out. Had about 25 runs with the car and no issues at all with the servo. Then one day, I jump and hit a curb and the stock servo was glitching when I turnt it. I replaced the servo with a 20 kg power HD servo. I know the stock servo uses a 23tooth gear, and the new servo I got uses a 25 tooth gear, I also could not use the stock servo saver so i just settled for a traxxas plastic white servo saver. With all of this, the steering does not seem To go straight even after I trim it out. My trim is more to the right on the transmitter. Also, when I physically turn the wheels, it is very stiff to turn the wheels- when I had the car stock, the wheels cold turn freely when I turned them with my hands. So is the lack of it not steering freely when I turn it with my hands and it not be centered on my transmitter due to the servo saver ? Because the servo works perfect when I remove it?
Have you disconnected the servo from the steering assembly and checked if it turns freely? It's possible that you could have damaged the front after the crash. If it turns freely with the servo disconnected, it could be the servo saver you've used

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back