Typhon TYPHON 3S steering stopped working

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

logicfx

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hello Arrma community. Im into other RC sports such as rc planes. Recently my son and i got into RC cars with the arrma typhon 3s. We have driven it about 4 times and now the car has no steering. Not sure what to do. A bit of guidance would be helpful. Im i going to have to replace the servo every 4 runs?

We love the car but this is a bit frustrating. I cant think of anything we have done to make it break......

servo leads look good.
Throttle works.
Red light on esc comes one (no flashing green lights)

If you’re checked to make sure the wire is properly seated in the receiver then it could be a toasted servo. Did you set the travel endpoints on the servo before running?

If you’re checked to make sure the wire is properly seated in the receiver then it could be a toasted servo. Did you set the travel endpoints on the servo before running?
im new to the rc car/truck scene. I didnt know it needed to be set. I thought it was ready to run out of the box.
Once i pull the servo off i can test it with a servo tester, i tried to pull servo out today but proved pretty challenging. I wanted to reach out on the forums before i did something that would void any warranties. Is there a tutorial that you know off that teaches how to remove servo on a v5. All the videos im seeing are for a verson 4 and below. Looks like those version had upright servo mounting, v5 has the upside down servo mounting.

Thanks!!!

V5 or V3? The current iterations of Typhons are V5 for the 6s model and V3 for the 3s model.

If your servo is 'upside down' then it's a 3s. To take the radio box out, first reach down in the hole circled in yellow and unscrew the steering link (move the wheels around until you see it).

Then remove the four M3 flathead screws (they have the dots around the hole) - but are shown here with the green arrows:

Slide1.jpeg

Thank you. This sets me up for a better experience. I will remove the servo in a few days and test it. If it tests and it works im sure i will have additional questions, but i don't think the servo works any longer.

I have not called Arrma yet to see if they would replace the servo but i keep reading that it is underpowered... is this true?

If i remove the servo and send it in, will arrma respond with , you took the car apart warranty voided? It would cost me more to ship the car than a new servo.

thanks, and i really appreciate your responses.

Thank you. This sets me up for a better experience. I will remove the servo in a few days and test it. If it tests and it works im sure i will have additional questions, but i don't think the servo works any longer.

I have not called Arrma yet to see if they would replace the servo but i keep reading that it is underpowered... is this true?

If i remove the servo and send it in, will arrma respond with , you took the car apart warranty voided? It would cost me more to ship the car than a new servo.

thanks, and i really appreciate your responses.

Horizon will warranty/replace the servo - you probably won't have to send it in.

In general an aftermarket 25 kg servo can be had fairly cheaply (just look up DS 3225 on Amazon) ... the rub here is that with the V3, Arrma went with a 23T Spektrum servo - whereas most aftermarket servos are 25T - so if you get a 25T aftermarket servo, you'll need to get a 25T servo saver as well: ARA340151.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back