Typhon 3s - Stock right now. Need ideas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudads

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
It is stock for now as I just got it. But planning on swapping out the tires and the shocks sometime soon. Then after that, I am not too sure.

Any tips?

I'm gonna swap the stock motor in my big rock for a bit bigger 3670 motor.

Here's my Typhon 3s with Pro-Line Powerstroke shocks and Pro-Line 2.8 Trencher HP belted tires. I also have Hot Racing aluminum C hubs, steering knuckles, and rear bearing carriers. I'm running a Spektrum Firma 130A ESC powering a Surpass 3670/2850 motor with a 16T pinion.

Tpyhon 3s Truggy.jpg

Typhon 3s with Pro-line Trenchers.jpg

Here's my Typhon 3s with Pro-Line Powerstroke shocks and Pro-Line 2.8 Trencher HP belted tires. I also have Hot Racing aluminum C hubs, steering knuckles, and rear bearing carriers. I'm running a Spektrum Firma 130A ESC powering a Surpass 3670/2850 motor with a 16T pinion.

View attachment 159056

View attachment 159057
I really wish those Belted Trenchers hooked up as good as Badlands, because they really look nice. Sad thing for me was they almost felt like Hoons compared to treads like Badlands or Backflips. That is a really nice Typhon you got there👌

And here's my Typhon, with Proline MX28 Badlands tires, 6S Typhon shocks & Team Associated springs, Team Associated steel pivot balls, Lunsford Racing titanium turnbuckles, M2C motor mount & chassis brace, T-Bone Racing front bumper & chassis skid, Dusty Motors cover, wheelie bar, 3D-printed rear mud guards, and a custom body.

20210704_170139.jpg

It is stock for now as I just got it. But planning on swapping out the tires and the shocks sometime soon. Then after that, I am not too sure.

Any tips?
Don't do anything unless you have a specific goal. What do you want your Typhon to do better? Is anything breaking? Bigger tires will backflip more easily and handle rough off road better but will overheat your ESC and motor faster. Stock tires are lighter, faster, provide more nimble handling. Which is more important to you?

Why do you want different shocks? What's wrong with the stock ones? Don't listen to others advice unless they are advising you how to reach a specific goal. Many on this forum just suggest whatever upgrades they did. Their upgrades may not improve the way you drive and can sometimes make things worse. I made that mistake already. I followed too much upgrade advice. Honestly, they created more problems than improvements. My advice now is wait to see what breaks, look for advice to improve specific areas of performance/durability based on how you drive.

For example, you've said generally you want to swap out tires. To do what? If you're looking to turn your Typhon into a speed runner. The suggestions above are not good.

Last edited:
You can definitely go down the rabbit hole of upgrading parts on this. In the end though, you may spend the same amount of money that another 3S truck would cost. I sure have ;) oh well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back