Typhon Typhon 3S - Stock Setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Typhon 3s
Just got a Typhon 3S. Kept the stock electronics and paired it with a SMC 5200mAh 135C battery (got the HOTA S6 Charger too).

My previous baseline for RC cars were Tamiya kits built in the late 90's and early 00's.

Drove it for the first time today and holy wow, this thing rips. Glad I didn't do 6S out the gate, that would have been a mistake.

Newbie LiPo questions:
  • They state LVC around 3.6/cell, I saw 3.3/cell after I brought it in from the cold. Should I look at an alarm? I don't think the stock ESC has a changeable LVC....
  • Is it typical to just charge to storage profile when you aren't going to run again for a few days?
Flies well through the air with my makeshift ramp, tons a fun. Compared to the Rival MT-10 my brother has, much more stable but not as good in the grass.

This is going to be a lot of fun :cool:

20221013_155834.jpg
20221013_173148.jpg

It' always a good idea to put lipos in storage mode if they are not being used . It is a good practice to follow . I mainly race 10th scale and have a typhon that I bash with . I am ocd with battery maintainance to get the most out of my packs .

No worries at 3.3. Yes just storage charge to 3.8 when not using. Agree with the stability. The BRCC is kind of the monster truck version. Very stable and better in off-road conditions. Not quite as nimble. Enjoy!

It' always a good idea to put lipos in storage mode if they are not being used . It is a good practice to follow . I mainly race 10th scale and have a typhon that I bash with . I am ocd with battery maintainance to get the most out of my packs .
I am totally OCD about it too. I remember back in the day when nimh were new and I dropped $100 on a 3000 mAh one only for it to loose charge a few months later because I didn't take care of it....

So just about a month in and I've bent a shock rod (replaced with 6S shocks), bent a few tie rods (bent them back for now), and cracked a rear hub and destroyed the bearing (got some HT's in the rear now). The Typhon 3S is a beast, love doing wheelies down the road and the custom ramp jumps as well as the one time at the skate park.

20221021_222137 (1).jpg
20221104_222137.jpg
20221104_223615.jpg
20221104_222120.jpg

I got a cheap Flyhal FC610 for my eldest, he then destroyed it. Bought another and fixed up the destroyed one (turned out to be LED wire shorted causing the electronics to trip out). Now I have my two eldest come bash with me. We went out and got caught in the rain yesterday and it was fun. Now comes the cleaning!

20221106_080431.jpg
20221105_125618.jpg

Really loving this hobby again. Not going to lie, thinking about a Kraton EXB build...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back