Typhon Typhon 3s to 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
So I finally did it. Started the latest in my speed run builds. Started with a stock 3s Typhon. First upgrade was 6s Typhon shocks. Replaced the plastic steering assembly with an aluminum one from Hot Racing. Also changed all the plastic balls in the steering links with metal ones sourced from some 6s rear turnbuckles. Needed a little grinding for proper fitment, but much less play now. Changed the servo to a DDS3225. Managed to squeeze a BLX 2050kv and a BLX 185 esc without moving the receiver box. Had to shave both mounting tabs off the esc and a post on the side wall of the chassis. The esc is only press fit for now, but won't move because it's pressed against the bearing carrier for the center shaft and the wall of the chassis. I jammed some foam between it and the motor as well. Not a permanent job, but enough to get the ball rolling on some test passes. Using two of my high power 30 x 30 fans. One on the motor, and one on the esc. Hoons Whites are the first set of tires I'll test on. 20t pinion to start on the stock 57t spur. Wish me luck.

20210206_212740.jpg

20210206_213754.jpg

20210206_233318.jpg

Looks good!!!if someone would make a smaller 32p 0.8mod spur gear for 1/10 arrma.it would be a gamechanger for getting speed outa lineup.M2C are you listening.40t 32p spur for arrma slipper assembly.sell alot more of them than motor mounts. j your gonna have fun with it thou.cant beat the bang for buck of a 6s 1/10.

Looks good!!!if someone would make a smaller 32p 0.8mod spur gear for 1/10 arrma.it would be a gamechanger for getting speed outa lineup.M2C are you listening.40t 32p spur for arrma slipper assembly.sell alot more of them than motor mounts. j your gonna have fun with it thou.cant beat the bang for buck of a 6s 1/10.

You ever see Duperbash's 38T spur/spool for his 3s cars?

Go about 4 minutes in.

Not sure if this is how u did it,but the difference in support between these 2 t-buckles is major.something I dug up outa parts box came off 6s lineup.great mod free.sure u got a big 6s parts box making for some free mods.

1612676105182564904652147596509.jpg

You ever see Duperbash's 38T spur/spool for his 3s cars?

Go about 4 minutes in.
Yes,I didn't want to go mod1.didnt have the confidence to try it 6 months ago when I was trying to go fast in 1/10.at the time I didn't have much info on how to do it.after dupes video he clearly shows the way.my 2 1/10 trucks are in need of complete teardowns an rebuilt to try high speed again.to many projects going on all the time.the slipper is alot harder to put the power to the ground than center diff..must have heavy diff fluid just to get okay traction an diff out is extreme w/o center diff.fine line between azz-end coming around,an good #s.hair-trigger a must.1/8 drivetrain is night&day from 1/8 for good speedrun #'s.or i just never found the right setup for good #s.🤷‍♂️check the difference in both these videos,same day,bout same gearing.senton6 way more stable with bigger powerplant.1lb difference between 2 trucks

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back