Typhon 3s upgrade parts/help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sigma4g

Reaction score
Hi guys I just recently purchased my first rc car (typhon 3s) and i love it! Ive been baching this car really hard off road and on road doing speed runs, kicking up rocks and dirt just enjoying the car for what it is. I recently just took it to a skate park and started doing some jumps. Needless to say I broke my first piece on the car (shock tower). I was wondering since im replacing it is there a "upgraded" part to use instead of the plastic oem piece? Along with that, since i am bashing this car pretty hard is there any upgrades that you would suggest to add to the car? Im not a big diy person so if theres a "bolt on" part that would be beneficial that would be great. Thank you in advanced :)

I have never seen any alloy shock tower. But don't quote me. I'll let others chime in to confirm. The 4x4's are predominantly plastic. For a reason.
And user error will break the parts you are concerned with while Bashing it HARD as you describe. But the stock parts are fairly cheap to replace anyway.
These rigs have their limits of durability. As you get to drive it better you will understand it more. And perhaps learn how to bash it hard in certain ways with less breakage. Comes with practice and more breakage unfortunately. There are upgrade parts available. But more for the drivetrain and ST parts.
Break the Chassis and you can only use a stocker replacement.. As one example.
Do a search for 4x4 Upgrade parts yourself, you will see what is available.

Hi guys I just recently purchased my first rc car (typhon 3s) and i love it! Ive been baching this car really hard off road and on road doing speed runs, kicking up rocks and dirt just enjoying the car for what it is. I recently just took it to a skate park and started doing some jumps. Needless to say I broke my first piece on the car (shock tower). I was wondering since im replacing it is there a "upgraded" part to use instead of the plastic oem piece? Along with that, since i am bashing this car pretty hard is there any upgrades that you would suggest to add to the car? Im not a big diy person so if theres a "bolt on" part that would be beneficial that would be great. Thank you in advanced :)
I second the above post...I also have never seen an upgraded tower either. (I actually accidentally bought an alloy 6s typhon tower not aware that they weren't the same...🤦🏻...I would absolutely grab front/rear A arms as I'm sure everyone else would also recommend. Stock shocks are decent t but someone suggested 6s Typhon shocks as they are more durable so I did that as well...good luck brother! 🤙👌

im rockin spectrum 2200Kv motor spectrum firma 130 amp esc 5.9 interco super swampers and 140 mm shocks with 3d printed rims and replaced the turnbuckles with 3d printed rods on my typhon for a truggy build it rips
1631627298542.png

1631626884956.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back