Typhon TYPHON 3S UPGRADES???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustang331TT

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton 4s
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Raider
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
I have a Typhon 3s and I upgraded the esc to the blx185 so I could run a 4s battery. That made such a huge improvement in all around power. I was wondering what everyone else is doing to their Typhons to get high mph? I run mine on the street mostly and use GRPs and Losi Street Tires,and actually blow the losi tires apart a lot!!
20190908_184900.jpg

I kept my upgrades pretty basic because I’m a terrible driver. Mostly chose them for performance off road vs top speed. For on road I slap on some Banditos and my PB is 58.2mph. Nothing compared to real speed runners. Seems the most common are motor/ESC swap, caps, and stretch chassis.
  • Full Jim’s Bearings swap
  • HR motor mount
  • Robinson Racing 18T 0.8mod Xtra Hard
  • Redcat Racing hub extensions
  • 32.5K/15K front/rear diffs
  • 50K shocks
  • Arrma motor fan

I have a Typhon 3s and I upgraded the esc to the blx185 so I could run a 4s battery. That made such a huge improvement in all around power. I was wondering what everyone else is doing to their Typhons to get high mph? I run mine on the street mostly and use GRPs and Losi Street Tires,and actually blow the losi tires apart a lot!!View attachment 52882
The next step would be a spool and larger pinion.

2ED445C6-4828-4BC5-8037-B3B783DA5C90.jpeg

I was thinking pinion as well... with 4s it may damn well spin a 25 tooth for speed runs... I'd be curious if it could..
I’m working on fitting a 31T pinion tonight ?

I have a Typhon 3s and I upgraded the esc to the blx185 so I could run a 4s battery. That made such a huge improvement in all around power. I was wondering what everyone else is doing to their Typhons to get high mph? I run mine on the street mostly and use GRPs and Losi Street Tires,and actually blow the losi tires apart a lot!!View attachment 52882
I really like mine stock. Want more power, buy a 6s Typhon. Jacking up the 3s is just asking for heartache.

I really like mine stock. Want more power, buy a 6s Typhon. Jacking up the 3s is just asking for heartache.
I’m a glutton for punishment. How else are Jenny and Ted gonna afford that new yacht? ???

I’m a glutton for punishment. How else are Jenny and Ted gonna afford that new yacht? ???
Seriously though. I went through this entanglement with my 3s Slash. I get that their lighter, but the minute you touch something, boom! If straight line running is what you're after, I get it. My Typhon is having a blast at the track, and I'm pretty sure that's where it likes to be. After today's run.
IMG_20191105_170824_501.jpg

Seriously though. I went through this entanglement with my 3s Slash. I get that their lighter, but the minute you touch something, boom! If straight line running is what you're after, I get it. My Typhon is having a blast at the track, and I'm pretty sure that's where it likes to be. After today's run.View attachment 52894
I wish I had a track to run at in this type of weather. My track is closed for bad weather. My Typhon loves the dirt too. Easy to change back to track mode. Just swap the pinion and slipper assembly, throw some buggy tires on, and let the shock collars back up.

Seriously though. I went through this entanglement with my 3s Slash. I get that their lighter, but the minute you touch something, boom! If straight line running is what you're after, I get it. My Typhon is having a blast at the track, and I'm pretty sure that's where it likes to be. After today's run.View attachment 52894

New camo treatment really works!

Just missing out on buying a previous model 3s Typhon with the Tactic radio, new in box. Had been watching it on eBay for over a week. Looked at the ad this morning, went out for about an hour then finally decided to buy it but ..... to late, SOLD. :mad:??. Waited too long. Missed a good deal. Kicking myself.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back