Typhon Typhon 3s upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wynterj66

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
I’m new to rc and don’t have very much money to put into it at the moment.
I am looking at getting the arrma typhon 3s.
I really want to get driving now and am thinking about getting the brushed version now and upgrading the motor later. What motor should I get and do I need any other parts to upgrade the motor.
Also what batteries should I get that will work good and last long but not break the bank.

If you spend the $80 today, you will save yourself $150+ next week when you want to go brushless.

If you spend the $80 today, you will save yourself $150+ next week when you want to go brushless.
My friend said I could get a motor for $50. Is this not true. And do I even need brushless. What are all the advantages.

My friend said I could get a motor for $50. Is this not true. And do I even need brushless. What are all the advantages.
Brushless is essential these days. Sure you can get a brushless motor for $50, but then you also need a brushless ESC. And a Lipo battery. And HD Input gears. 0.8 Mod pinion. 3S Slipper and spur gear. All told it is about a $150 upgrade. Instead, you could spend $80 and get all of that and more. The 3S also has adjustable turnbuckles, better and oil filled diffs, and other upgrades that I can't recall at the moment.

The one drawback to all of the current Arrma rigs is the radio and servo. You will need to upgrade those for almost all of their rigs today.

Yep you can score a radio and a servo for about $25 each. So for $350 all in, you can have a good brushless Typhon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back