SOLD / FOUND Typhon 3s, Used with a bunch of spares (HOONS ARE INCLUDED) ($260 +shipping, OBO) (I only take Zelle, or cash with local meet/pickup in S. Charlotte)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Voyhager3

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
LISTING HAS BEEN UPDTATED (AGAIN), HOONS ARE NOW INCLUDED (again)
So I've been away from the forum for a while now, as I've been busy with school and some of my other hobbies (rocket engines are not cheap), and I've been thinking of selling my typhon for a while now as I just don't use it anymore. So I finally made the call to sell it.

CB7199F5-A40B-4705-96B2-C67EDC01B3DE.jpeg
77859553-2016-498E-8478-511EE2C98973.jpeg
C259BF2A-C24F-49CA-BAF8-46406D11924C.jpeg

Areas of concern explained:
Its used, and it shows in some places, the chassis probably needs to be replaced, the battery holder thing has broken off, and there are some thin spots from scraping on the road. It still work, but I think that it should be replaced. The drive shaft also looks to be be chewed up in near the rear, but its just cosmetic, and I've been running this rig like that since day 2 of me having it. Besides that, its just normal wear on the outside. I've only had it for a year, and I only really drove if for like 4-6 months.

346801F1-3018-4EB5-8E6B-A29FA8C15A69.jpeg
DA299F04-0FF3-4DF7-BD66-2363A28437F0.jpeg
FC6AB584-3249-430B-B10C-CFFB182717ED.jpeg
5507DED8-9A63-4663-AC7C-642891877496.jpeg

What it comes with:
- 5 dish Hoons
- 1 HR motor mount (used) + the stock one in the car
- 1 rear bulkhead/ shock tower (new)
- 3 wheel nuts
- 1 steering block (new, I don't know which side)
- 1 Arrma 26T pinion
- a pack of a bunch of larger pinons
- some pins
- a small wheel bearing
- 1 wheel hex
- 1 wheel axle
- Most of the tools, manuals, and things the car came with (no parts handbook, and missing some shock spacers)
- Stock Transmitter/ receiver
And I thinks that's all.
- and the car, obviously, in the boxes it came with

CAB214EF-F5A1-47EC-B5C7-39614DDFBBB5.jpeg
CDC2778F-71E1-4BF9-81B6-3D29DE8AEE90.jpeg
4E2091F4-09B3-4F9F-A8DC-A1B248FDB4F5.jpeg
D8738F94-1653-48AD-B9F7-893AC2E001DC.jpeg
C33D6CFB-3796-475A-BCA0-7D9060FEC30C.jpeg
5B8C67EB-4D39-49F1-8A7C-A8F7629EE4F8.jpeg

This might be a bit high for some but I think I want to start the listing as $275 + shipping to the lower 48 only (which will probably be about $40 through UPS), OBO
Or local pickup/ meetup, South charlotte, NC. I'll do my best to respond quickly, but after today school will have resumed and my communications from 3pm-9pm will be the best time to message me.
If you have any tips/ pointers of how to make my listing better or a more appropriate price, just let me know!

8DE8EFF8-3975-49C4-AA18-A65816C2A9A2.jpeg

Last edited:
A brand new Typhon is $329, that’s a steep ask for a car that needs a lot of work my friend. Just a word of advice. $275 + shipping would take you only another $40 or so to a new one without needing $50+ in replacements.

Another listing update:
Price stayed the same,
Hoons are now included after feedback saying they are too worn to be sold
Plenty of buyers for used hoons ..I see them on eBay all the time and they don't last very long .some just want a pair to mess around with ..so question ❓ what would you want for the hoons?

Plenty of buyers for used hoons ..I see them on eBay all the time and they don't last very long .some just want a pair to mess around with ..so question ❓ what would you want for the hoons?
I don’t know, $20-$30 + shipping maybe, if you are interested PM me, I won’t be around tomorrow to ship them, but I’ll stop be able to respond and whatnot

id do 150+shipping, if you want it gone today

My guy - your price is still way too high if you want to actually sell this. $329 brand new / 2 = $165 reasonable asking price at the standard 50% off for a used RC. And you originally included new wheels but then removed the wheels from the listing and kept the price the same.. Although I applaud the "same price, worse deal" :LOL: reminds me of back when I had Comcast: "we've cut your Internet speeds and also raised the price" lol, that made me chuckle.

Now, you cited various "areas of concern": "Its used [...] and it shows in some places", "the chassis probably needs to be replaced", "the battery holder thing has broken off", "there are some thin spots from scraping on the road", "The drive shaft also looks to be be chewed up in near the rear". In other words, this is "heavily worn" condition, hell I'll say "acceptable" to put it in eBay terminology.

At the very least it's a pile of work and a new chassis, meaning at $260 you'd need $22 worth of chassis, plus shipping which will likely be at least $25 for something this large and heavy. That's $307 for a beat up car when it would only cost $22 more for brand new. Would you buy something beat up (that needs work) for a $22 savings versus getting a brand new one?

The guy offering $150+shipping is totally fair, assuming you actually want the car sold. You're not going to get much higher than this.

Genuinely trying to help here.

A lot of us are pretty old around here too… and may not be interested in registering for 10 different online payment systems. I don’t even have Venmo, and have no idea what the one you requested is. That may limit some of your offers even with an appealing price. I might sign up for Venmo if it was a great deal, since that seems to be fairly commonly used but not a new one every few months.

A lot of us are pretty old around here too… and may not be interested in registering for 10 different online payment systems. I don’t even have Venmo, and have no idea what the one you requested is. That may limit some of your offers even with an appealing price. I might sign up for Venmo if it was a great deal, since that seems to be fairly commonly used but not a new one every few months.
Zelle is stated as the only accepted payment method and it does not provide any purchase protection for the buyer. To my knowledge, buyers are only protected with PayPal, FB pay, and Venmo.

At this point I think I might pull the listing and just shove the largest electronics that I can. All of your guy's comments all make sense, but I personally can't go that low, so i think just fixing it, again, and turning it into the stupid speed demon I always wanted it to be is my best course of action.
Thanks for all the feedback, I'll take all that I learned, and remember it for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back