SOLD / FOUND Typhon 3s, Used with a bunch of spares (HOONS ARE INCLUDED) ($260 +shipping, OBO) (I only take Zelle, or cash with local meet/pickup in S. Charlotte)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point I think I might pull the listing and just shove the largest electronics that I can. All of your guy's comments all make sense, but I personally can't go that low, so i think just fixing it, again, and turning it into the stupid speed demon I always wanted it to be is my best course of action.
Thanks for all the feedback, I'll take all that I learned, and remember it for the future.
Sounds like a great plan to me!

Selling cars is weird because you're always going to eat a ton of what you put into it. Like I've spent probably $1000 on my Rustler in upgrades, work, and countless hours of time. But if I sold it to buy a new car (coincidentally will be a Typhon 3S), I'd probably get $110 for it, even with all the spare parts (of which I probably have $150 worth of still in the packaging).

I think looking at it as "a down payment on my next car" (or in your case, rocket engines) rather than an even 1:1 trade (since you've likely put a heck of a lot more than the initial cost into it, not to mention your time) makes it easier to accept the low number you'll get.

Reality is you're buying someone else's problem, and the resell market isn't anything like the full-scale market currently is, where you bought a Hyundai for $10K in 2009, put 190K miles on it, drive it into a lake, and someone will still buy it for $15K :LOL:

Last edited:
$170 dollars buys a lot of rocket engines...🤷🏼‍♂️
only if that was true...
1680801883777.png

or are you making an offer...?

The Estes ones that I found were 10-20 a pop. Just goes to show I know nothing about rocket engines😁
Hey, all hobbies are like that, that’s why most people who see you driving around, even in a brushed 1:10 scale at like 30mph think it’s the coolest thing. I was the same way going into all my hobbies! When you say model rocket, people think Estes, not these 6 1/2 foot 6 lbs monsters, that’s are small in comparison to what you could see
E76B60F1-53C7-4600-A6C6-BADDEE724785.jpeg

Same thing with rc, people think of little $30 cars from Walmart, then they see an Infraction and are all ooohh, and wow (I’m still like that for both hobbies). And that’s the best part of being in these little communities! :)

You look like a fairly young dude too, so much more understandable you're feeling things out (and maybe need to be more careful with the $). I get jaded because in my parts, every car on craigslist or fb marketplace is selling for like 99.5% of new price no matter how beat to crap and it bugs the hell out of me!

What rocket is that? Is there like a name I could google to see what it does? Looks sick.

You look like a fairly young dude too, so much more understandable you're feeling things out (and maybe need to be more careful with the $). I get jaded because in my parts, every car on craigslist or fb marketplace is selling for like 99.5% of new price no matter how beat to crap and it bugs the hell out of me!

What rocket is that? Is there like a name I could google to see what it does? Looks sick.
Thank you! It’s a scratch build (I designed it and built it), but if you want the link to my build thread will attach it below.
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/rocket-2-xxl-hpr-lvl-1-cert-rocket.177683/
I think you’ll find the site format very, very familiar

Thank you! It’s a scratch build (I designed it and built it), but if you want the link to my build thread will attach it below.
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/rocket-2-xxl-hpr-lvl-1-cert-rocket.177683/
I think you’ll find the site format very, very familiar
Sick stuff. I need to block that site so I don't pick up another hobby. Do you live out west or rural - or can you do that stuff in New England? That thing must go nuts high. I always had trouble even flying a racing quad locally legally (in CT). I can't imagine how hard it is to fly that (by the rules?).

Sick stuff. I need to block that site so I don't pick up another hobby. Do you live out west or rural - or can you do that stuff in New England? That thing must go nuts high. I always had trouble even flying a racing quad locally legally (in CT). I can't imagine how hard it is to fly that (by the rules?).
You’ve got some sizeable clubs scattered around, and one of the few remaining brick and mortar dedicated rocketry hobby shops near Hartford. I wish I had gone out there when I lived up there. The closest thing to it I ever went to when I lived in MA was RCmadness (I hope they are still doing good). As long as you are not flying above a G motor (and a handful of H’s), you could go and fly at a large park, or school (that’s what I did when I was up in western mass), otherwise you’d need to be in a club, or fill out FAA waiver… The regulations aren’t super bad (yet)/ the public isn’t scared of them, yet. Unlike RC, especially quads and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back