Typhon Typhon 3s vs 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi everyone

I'm new to rc and am looking for a while to buy an rc car.

My name is maikel and I'm 33 years old.
Live in the Netherlands.

First I found the rustler 4x4 vxl a very nice car till I saw the arrma cars.

I've read some good stuff about arrma so the rustler is off .

The typhon is what I really like but cant decide which one .. the 3s or the 6s.

Can someone please give some good arguments or experiences about the cars?

Is it possible to also to drive it not too fast for my little boy,by adjust the throttle or something ?

Thanks

The new 6s are coming with the Spektrum radios. They have a throttle adjustment feature but I'm not sure even with a 4s battery it will be tame enough for a little guy. Depending on how little he is. I'd say if he is 6 or 7 or older and has plenty of room and supervision he may be ok. The 3s version can be tamed somewhat with a 2s battery but I think it might still come with the Tactic radio, which has no easy way of limiting speed. Not sure which one can be made the least intimidating. Hopefully someone with 3s platform and or Spektrum experience will chime in. If not, try posting in the new member section. Say hello and ask your question.

The BLX185 system in the 6s Typhon can take 3,4 or 6s. If you want it to go real slow, stick a 4s in there and limit the throttle on the transmitter. Or, you can put her on 6s,100% throttle and she'll fly. Typhon 6s gives you more flexibility with how fast or slow you can go. That's what I personally would go with.

Thanks for the replys !
It's good to know the spectrum radio can adjust some throttle and with a 4s battery maybe its tame enough for him .
He is 7 years old and we have plenty of space over here.

And how about the plastic vs aluminium parts from the 3 and 6s .

Some say better plastic some say better aluminium on the car.
Cause when you hit something ,the plastic breaks where you hit it and with aluminium there is more damage when its damaged.

When you first get your new rc car. Is there some check ups to do before you can ride with it ? Cause I read a lot about to less oil in the diffs from the factory.

Thanks all !

Thanks for the replys !
It's good to know the spectrum radio can adjust some throttle and with a 4s battery maybe its tame enough for him .
He is 7 years old and we have plenty of space over here.

And how about the plastic vs aluminium parts from the 3 and 6s .

Some say better plastic some say better aluminium on the car.
Cause when you hit something ,the plastic breaks where you hit it and with aluminium there is more damage when its damaged.

When you first get your new rc car. Is there some check ups to do before you can ride with it ? Cause I read a lot about to less oil in the diffs from the factory.

Thanks all !
Welcome to the forum. This question has been asked several times, if you search you can find several threads on this topics that will answer many of your questions. In the meantime, Batteries, chargers, replacement parts, upgrades etc will all be more expensive with the 6s. Plastic is more forgiving than aluminum and cheaper to replace . With the 6s you will get the spektrum stx2 that you can adjust your throttle to 50/75/100 %, throw a 4s pack in and reduce throttle to 50% for your son and he should be fine. However, you will lose braking and reverse when doing this. 75% you will have some braking but still no reverse. The 6s will allow both of you to grow into the car over time. Space doesn't seem to be an issue for you so 6s would be good. There is also lot or consider so do a quick search for the threads on this topic. Also there are threads on what to check when you receive your car/truck. Personally if your budget can handle the 6s and the expense that's comes with it, then I would go for the 6s. Whatever you decide to go with, both are great buggies and you and your son will have a blast. Cheers

Thanks @NewToArrma

Ive been reading a lot of the posts about the typhon and did find many answers but to make a final decision I posted a new topic .

Also good to know that when you adjust your throttle ,you don't have the brakes and reverse.learned an other thing !

I'll check on the threads for checkin when you receive your new car.
Thanks !

Thanks @NewToArrma

Ive been reading a lot of the posts about the typhon and did find many answers but to make a final decision I posted a new topic .

Also good to know that when you adjust your throttle ,you don't have the brakes and reverse.learned an other thing !

I'll check on the threads for checkin when you receive your new car.
Thanks !
No worries. There is a lot of information when your new to this hobby. There is a lot of very knowledgeable members here that are always willing to help out. If you can't find the answer then by all means post it up and everyone will help. Keep us updated on your decision. Btw I have the 2019 Typhons 6s and love it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back