Typhon Typhon 3s wheel hub extensions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky_408

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Hey guys new to the hobby and have been having trouble finding some wheel hub extension for my typhon 3s recently for some proline trenchers love them but notice they seem to rub on the inside

I ordered some from Amazon that say arrma blx 4x4 but noticed in the comments someone saying they will not work so kinds worried now already ordered them $40 I will put the picture of the exact ones I ordered if anyone wants to maybe give me any info if these will work or how i can modify them to be able to run them

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200501-071708_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20200501-071708_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 102
They are correct that those hexes only work with the other 3S axles as @fpvmiller stated above. It is a super easy swap. You just need to disconnect the turnbuckles in order to remove the driveshaft from the hub. Then pull the outer section of the driveshafts all the way off. Use a long 2mm diver thru the center of the driveshaft to remove the axle retaining screw. Remove the Typhon axle and install the Granite/BRCC/Senton axles. Put it all back together and add the extenders. Make sure you use a good amount of blue thread lock on the black barrel nuts that go inside the HR hexes. These tend to come free and are hard to find replacements for. I like to check these often.

They are correct that those hexes only work with the other 3S axles as @fpvmiller stated above. It is a super easy swap. You just need to disconnect the turnbuckles in order to remove the driveshaft from the hub. Then pull the outer section of the driveshafts all the way off. Use a long 2mm diver thru the center of the driveshaft to remove the axle retaining screw. Remove the Typhon axle and install the Granite/BRCC/Senton axles. Put it all back together and add the extenders. Make sure you use a good amount of blue thread lock on the black barrel nuts that go inside the HR hexes. These tend to come free and are hard to find replacements for. I like to check these often.

Wow thanks for the info and detailed instruction on how to take of the axle luckily I just went through replacing a rear drive shaft so I'm familiar with taking it apart I will order these now thanks everyone

Hey I have a question for you if you don't mind? ;D firstly, if I swap my typhon 3s axles to the granite does that mean I can use hub extenders that are compatible with the typhon 6s or do I need to use typhon 6s axles? I ask because I already have some hub extenders I bought for a typhon 6s but now I want to use them on a typhon 3s instead but I'm very lost as to what I need.

Thanks for any insight!

Hey I have a question for you if you don't mind? ;D firstly, if I swap my typhon 3s axles to the granite does that mean I can use hub extenders that are compatible with the typhon 6s or do I need to use typhon 6s axles? I ask because I already have some hub extenders I bought for a typhon 6s but now I want to use them on a typhon 3s instead but I'm very lost as to what I need.

Thanks for any insight!
6S axles are never compatible with 3S rigs. Completely different style.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back