Typhon 3s with HR 10offset wheel options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nobrainer

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Mega
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Typhon Mega
I have a Typhon 3s with (130a esc & bundled motor), I just put on the Arrma cvd driveshafts and the CNC steel diffs, .8 mod steel spur, 18t pinion, Typhon 6s shocks. (Whew, that feels like a lot)…

Anyway with the new driveshafts I put on the hot racing 17mm offset hubs. However I have been scrounging the forums about wheels, and I am not sure of what to be searching for (keywords) to find the wheels that will fit. I want to make it a little less rollover-prone (maybe taller and wider)?

Give the 6s 17mm Mojave wheels a try? Nice bite and pretty durable on the Mojo. (y)JennysRC has them fairly cheap compared to Arrma Retail price.

https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...els-lime-green-rims-dboots-fortress-ara7604v2

Also these from Jennys, if you want a true 1/8 Buggy wheel.

https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...ires-wheels-tyres-rims-dboots-exabyte-ara8306

You could also use any 1/8 Buggy PL or Duratrax wheel/tire as well. The 3s Typhon is basically 1/8 scale like the 6s Typhon is. Almost identical dimensions within a mm or 2.
Depends how and where you want to bash it. The Mojave tires would be a good all around tire. Would be my first pick. I like them on my TLRT Typhon. I also tried the large 53/107 Hoons also from the Felony for on road.
You can also throw on a set of 17mm 42/100 Hoons or even GRP's if you go On- Roading. Going to 17mm hex axels gave you many options. (y) (y)
A Zero off-set wheel is the key here as those shown above.

Hopefully others will chime in with their ideas.
:cool:

Last edited:
Belted mx28. I tried the non belted and liked it a lot but they came unglued on 4s so that was disappointing. Never tried mojave on typhon 3s but they're great on the 6s so why not.

thanks, I was hoping I could put wider tires on with a more recessed hex, but I got the proline mx28 and some proline on-road tires. will give them a whirl when my stock tires finish getting worn out.

Edit: Got the new tires (Badlands MX28 & Street Fighter LP 28s). I got the Street Fighters on there now, after some searching on how to install the 17mm adapters. Loving the recessed area for the nuts. Had an issue with one of the 17mm adapters from proline, one pack came with QTY 3 - 6 bolt adapters, and QTY 1 - 8 bolt. Not sure how that happens, but the hobby shop sent out a replacement pack. Once I get the new pack I will check out the badlands.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back