Typhon Typhon 3s wow smh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did I hurt your feelings? It’s OK, you can go beat on something in a closed room underneath the sheets. Be careful though, I’ve heard it can make you go blind 😂

Yes, let’s blame Arrma for the mess that that guy turned his cars into. Slick, I know you hate the 3s cars. So much so that you will use any excuse to come down on them. I mean, you complain about them constantly. It’s like one of them killed your dog or something long ago so you blame them for everything bad. Seriously though, do you think the responsibility for his cars looking like they do is on the factory? And if the cars are such pieces of crap, are you saying that everybody who bought one got screwed? As for the 6s line, does it help you walk on water or something? Just…Wow 🙄
Well when you have 25+ cars and the same 2 are constantly broken its a flaw in the car not the driver. And I will continue to complain about them until Arrma ditches them and gives us a better platform. Hell the Senton hasn't even seen 3s and yet something is always breaking on it.

The 6s cars have their issues but at least they are easily fixable.

It's funny, I have been bashing my Typhon 3s the past couple days and walked away with it still in one piece and was about to update my build thread with how it impressed me. I've run it 21 times and yes things broke. Esc tabs are a joke, but nothing a bit of servo tape can't fix. Everything else that I have broken is because I send it and don't have the skill yet to not break it. Bent a shock rod so I upgraded to 6s shocks. Broke a rear hub so upgraded to HR hubs since I likely won't get better at landing instantaneously. Bent a motor plate; bent it back. Yes tires are a joke, I want to upgrade too. For what you pay (entry level) I feel the value is still there from the issues of the OP (outside the wheel falling off?). Dumped about $150 to make it more bashable myself.

I don't like threads like this where someone joins the forum to take a poop on a brand, this one just hit home to me since i still love my Typhon 3s despite owning a k6exb. Venting about the issues seen out of the box sure, I get that but outright pooping on it is only pooping on the people on the forum. Horizon/Arrma warranty claim would be the best place to vent and come here to learn to make it better or offload the rigs. Just my unnecessary 2 cents.

Well when you have 25+ cars and the same 2 are constantly broken its a flaw in the car not the driver. And I will continue to complain about them until Arrma ditches them and gives us a better platform. Hell the Senton hasn't even seen 3s and yet something is always breaking on it.

The 6s cars have their issues but at least they are easily fixable.
I have more trouble with my two 6s cars than I do with all 6 of my 3/4s cars combined. But I’m not going to whine about it incessantly or degrade them to others when I’m well aware that my issues are not the same issues others experience. To each his own of course, but one thing I’ve learned in life is it’s not necessarily the item in question that’s the problem. It’s how the item is used which, in turn, causes the problems.

I have more trouble with my two 6s cars than I do with all 6 of my 3/4s cars combined. But I’m not going to whine about it incessantly or degrade them to others when I’m well aware that my issues are not the same issues others experience. To each his own of course, but one thing I’ve learned in life is it’s not necessarily the item in question that’s the problem. It’s how the item is used which, in turn, causes the problems.

I've had my share of issues with the 6s line as well, but for the most part they were either QC issues or issues that I caused not issues with the design of the car. The QC issues seem to be getting worse lately though.

Well,,, I like and want to get along with most everyone but I'm not sorry for what I said because I don't care for the hiding behind a pc and the insulting bull crap no matter who does it. All I'm saying is it isn't right and I try hard not to do it myself. Other that that, I hope you all have a great new years day!

One thing I noticed getting a better look at the pictures is there is no other damage to the vehicle, if he was beating on it and hit something he would have at least broke an a arm or bent one of the camber links/turnbuckles. I now think that this may have been a cold weather issue not a crash issue.
Hmmm ... seeing that you have a wheel off, I'm guessing that's what caused one of the crashes? If so, it would explain how you could hit nothing and break other parts. It is highly unfortunate, but, luckily, there is a fix for this. For whatever reason, the 3s Arrma rigs tend to have loose axle stub screws. Over varying lengths of time, the screw works its way loose and sudden your 4wd r/c car is a tricycle. When you do fix it, I recommend using a little thread locker compound on each screw holding on the axle stub.

ALSO, feel free to vent, man. You're excited to be running something you've been waiting for or you just like the vehicle ... and this happens. Nothing would upset me more at that point.
The stub axle is still attached to the car, it looks like the pin broke inside the hub.

I got a 3S Typhon. A 6S Talion EXB slightly modified and a fireteam. I love this thing and it’s as fun as my others. I beat the dog crap out of it. Sure…broke poop. Then I fixed it! Sorry… it’s nimble, fast and a lot of car for the price I paid.

5619CDF2-70CF-4FEE-BE84-2650A8EF77EB.jpeg

One thing I noticed getting a better look at the pictures is there is no other damage to the vehicle, if he was beating on it and hit something he would have at least broke an a arm or bent one of the camber links/turnbuckles. I now think that this may have been a cold weather issue not a crash issue.
I'm thinking you may be right ....Almost looks like frozen water in the chassis pan.....or he's the traxxas CEO.

I got a 3S Typhon. A 6S Talion EXB slightly modified and a fireteam. I love this thing and it’s as fun as my others. I beat the dog crap out of it. Sure…broke poop. Then I fixed it! Sorry… it’s nimble, fast and a lot of car for the price I paid.

View attachment 266146
Dang that thing is pretty clean, if it wasn't for the road rash on the shock tower protector I would have thought that thing was brand new.

I already replaced the shock tower. Shocks and cover. Lol. Thank you Jenny’s! But I aLao have this for support. Won’t help hitting a rock going 50! Lol This is now less than pristine.

9C608465-B3F9-4BC7-A1E6-4F5D82D8F40E.jpeg

Hey man,

If you drove how you say you did and that happened I’m truly sorry. I got back into the hobby after over a decade out and am truly surprised at how little things have progressed. I got a 6s Arrma and a mini Traxxas and have had problems with both after just a few runs with very minimal crashes. Although the recent extreme cold may have been a factor with the traxxas…

Ignore the fanboys and vent all you want. This hobby can be a pain in the arse.

Dennis

Hey man,

If you drove how you say you did and that happened I’m truly sorry. I got back into the hobby after over a decade out and am truly surprised at how little things have progressed. I got a 6s Arrma and a mini Traxxas and have had problems with both after just a few runs with very minimal crashes. Although the recent extreme cold may have been a factor with the traxxas…

Ignore the fanboys and vent all you want. This hobby can be a pain in the arse.

Dennis
And the wallet too :ROFLMAO:

My 3S Typhon is probably my favorite rig for how and where I drive, even beating out my 6S Kraton and others. If it's ready to go, I'll typically grab it first. Even if I go out planning to run something else, it'll come along "just in case" I have some extra time to run it. Anything that's ever been broken on it had been completely my fault, either through driver error, or lack of maintenance on my part.

Anyone inspect even look at a new rtr before taking it out or even better do some research on the model they bought. I bet 95% don't. You will find flaws with anything. But most of the time can be fixed usually simply. I have had my share of problems with my big rock some expected some not. I'm not saying all models and companies are the same either but go through your stuff know what to expect. I have cartwheeled that thing doing 40mph for like 50 feet and it drove away fine and much more. My rant peace.

I got the same typhon on sale for I think 230 and just with a pinion swap and 4s esc out of my outcast it did 68 the other day and playing suspension and diff fluids the thing handles amazing...
Hawgwild1717, which pinion did you swap to, I want to upgrade my 3S lady too?

My car is all stocked and would this pinion make my motor hot?

Typhon 3s is garbage I bought 2 of these junk boxes me & my son only ran them twice and so far 2 ESC came off one power switch one tire and rim came off need new pins plus one wing broke. No we have not ran them hard at all got video plus pictures never again I will stay with HPI & Traxxas what a disappointment arrma build tough my ass cheap stay away. And one fan grill

View attachment 265874

View attachment 265875

View attachment 265876

View attachment 265877

View attachment 265878

View attachment 265879
Same. Drove that bad boy 15 feet and the right front fell off the first time I tried to turn. Straight dirt that's it. Battery from factory was shot and had to replace it, just for the next battery to have the same issue. Now even with a full charged 5000mA Spektrum smart battery it runs for about 45 seconds then slows to a stop and I can only wiggle the tires left or right. Turn it off then back on... Same thing. It's trash.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back