Typhon Typhon 3s wow smh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same. Drove that bad boy 15 feet and the right front fell off the first time I tried to turn. Straight dirt that's it. Battery from factory was shot and had to replace it, just for the next battery to have the same issue. Now even with a full charged 5000mA Spektrum smart battery it runs for about 45 seconds then slows to a stop and I can only wiggle the tires left or right. Turn it off then back on... Same thing. It's trash.
Welcome!

So, slightly different experience with a new Typhon 3s from a newb’s perspective. Got my son one for Christmas and gotta say it is fun as hell to drive!

Did he break it, yes.

Did he launch the sh$t out of it, like - how high and far can I make this thing go….yes! lol.

5B1B0FF0-9BC2-441F-83A9-19783224BC59.jpeg

Damage - bent motor mount (known issue) and chewed spur gear.

For ~$240 on sale, I’m super pleased with it. 4S Motor Mount and new spur gear is a $30 fix. I’m still well below the Rustler cost and this thing is soooo much more fun to drive - IMHO.

I’m a +1 for 3s Typhon at that price point. Hell, I shoulda bought 2 of ‘em :ROFLMAO:

So, slightly different experience with a new Typhon 3s from a newb’s perspective. Got my son one for Christmas and gotta say it is fun as hell to drive!

Did he break it, yes.

Did he launch the sh$t out of it, like - how high and far can I make this thing go….yes! lol.

View attachment 267744

Damage - bent motor mount (known issue) and chewed spur gear.

For ~$240 on sale, I’m super pleased with it. 4S Motor Mount and new spur gear is a $30 fix. I’m still well below the Rustler cost and this thing is soooo much more fun to drive - IMHO.

I’m a +1 for 3s Typhon at that price point. Hell, I shoulda bought 2 of ‘em :ROFLMAO:
That looks like an awesome place to run and that's minimal damage considering the location. Now go buy a second one for yourself.

That looks like an awesome place to run and that's minimal damage considering the location. Now go buy a second one for yourself.
It was a blast, and my son doesn’t know how to “land” well yet. I agree, very acceptable level of damage, considering the level of abuse.

Yeah, I suspect a new rig for dad is eminent- lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back