Typhon Typhon 3s wow smh

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatR/Cguy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Typhon 3s is garbage I bought 2 of these junk boxes me & my son only ran them twice and so far 2 ESC came off one power switch one tire and rim came off need new pins plus one wing broke. No we have not ran them hard at all got video plus pictures never again I will stay with HPI & Traxxas what a disappointment arrma build tough my ass cheap stay away. And one fan grill

9D7E22EB-6DB3-4FB9-B695-9FB6273E07FE.jpeg

91D782C6-3C45-4A0B-92F7-59CCADAEFD56.jpeg

12D10F72-9518-4FAE-AA46-4E602BF87800.jpeg

804BA79E-D3E6-4663-A3BA-9F5582909501.jpeg

395D34F3-7342-4602-A076-909AE0BDBC34.jpeg

CE393406-1D00-4BBA-93A4-A4B278892D9B.jpeg

Hmmm ... seeing that you have a wheel off, I'm guessing that's what caused one of the crashes? If so, it would explain how you could hit nothing and break other parts. It is highly unfortunate, but, luckily, there is a fix for this. For whatever reason, the 3s Arrma rigs tend to have loose axle stub screws. Over varying lengths of time, the screw works its way loose and sudden your 4wd r/c car is a tricycle. When you do fix it, I recommend using a little thread locker compound on each screw holding on the axle stub.

ALSO, feel free to vent, man. You're excited to be running something you've been waiting for or you just like the vehicle ... and this happens. Nothing would upset me more at that point.

Hmmm ... seeing that you have a wheel off, I'm guessing that's what caused one of the crashes? If so, it would explain how you could hit nothing and break other parts. It is highly unfortunate, but, luckily, there is a fix for this. For whatever reason, the 3s Arrma rigs tend to have loose axle stub screws. Over varying lengths of time, the screw works its way loose and sudden your 4wd r/c car is a tricycle. When you do fix it, I recommend using a little thread locker compound on each screw holding on the axle stub.

ALSO, feel free to vent, man. You're excited to be running something you've been waiting for or you just like the vehicle ... and this happens. Nothing would upset me more at that point.
I bought it two hobby shops and they said it’s from turn to fast and both are arrma dealers as well didn’t hit a thing if I did I would say so money not a problem here I have many rc this is my first arrma. I run hpi and Traxxas for over 22 years now

Typhon 3s is garbage I bought 2 of these junk boxes me & my son only ran them twice and so far 2 ESC came off one power switch one tire and rim came off need new pins plus one wing broke. No we have not ran them hard at all got video plus pictures never again I will stay with HPI & Traxxas what a disappointment arrma build tough my ass cheap stay away. And one fan grill

View attachment 265874

View attachment 265875

View attachment 265876

View attachment 265877

View attachment 265878

View attachment 265879
Awww, beat the crap out of some thing, then blame that something you beat the crap out of for being beat to crap 😂 that’s great. You’re a winner!

Last edited:
Even if it was cheaply made, parts don't break for no reason. To break that ESC mount you had to have hit SOMETHING. I agree with Velo. It's ok to b!tch but don't blame the car for driver error.

Last edited:
I did beat anything but that’s ok I can tell you live in your parents basement
Hardly. He's a solid guy and just unabashedly honest. I have to admit, I too find some of the damage...questionable under the auspice of just mild to normal driving. But I wasn't there so I won't pretend like I was...though I remain unconvinced. But...I have seen horses vomit outside the pharmacy, so....there's that.

In his defense the 3s models stock are complete dog poop and are also full of Arrmas typical assembly issues. Escs were most likely overtightened from the factory and the mounting tabs were probably already cracked before he drove it, tire came unglued because they weren't glued properly, the top of the esc most likely broke from flopping around inside the car none of these issues are driver error all of them are do to the poop QC that Arrma does on their cars.
My $50 Jegs clearance special had better QC than any of my Arrma vehicles had.

Yes let us all continue to blame the driver for the the lack of QC at the factory 🙄

In his defense the 3s models stock are complete dog poop and are also full of Arrmas typical assembly issues. Escs were most likely overtightened from the factory and the mounting tabs were probably already cracked before he drove it, tire came unglued because they weren't glued properly, the top of the esc most likely broke from flopping around inside the car none of these issues are driver error all of them are do to the poop QC that Arrma does on their cars.

Yes let us all continue to blame the driver for the the lack of QC at the factory 🙄
Fair enough. I don't have the wide ranging experience with different Arrma vehicles and what you say sounds plausible.

I retract what I said as I have nothing but a gut feeling and some superficial observations based on a few photos. Apologies @thatR/Cguy. o7

Fair enough. I don't have the wide ranging experience with different Arrma vehicles and what you say sounds plausible.

I retract what I said as I have nothing but a gut feeling and some superficial observations based on a few photos. Apologies @thatR/Cguy. o7
Yup the 3s line is nothing like the 6s just complete piles of garbage with a plethora of design issues that can only be rectified with aftermarket parts, homebrew fixes or bandaid fixes.

I did beat anything but that’s ok I can tell you live in your parents basement
Did I hurt your feelings? It’s OK, you can go beat on something in a closed room underneath the sheets. Be careful though, I’ve heard it can make you go blind 😂

Yes, let’s blame Arrma for the mess that that guy turned his cars into. Slick, I know you hate the 3s cars. So much so that you will use any excuse to come down on them. I mean, you complain about them constantly. It’s like one of them killed your dog or something long ago so you blame them for everything bad. Seriously though, do you think the responsibility for his cars looking like they do is on the factory? And if the cars are such pieces of crap, are you saying that everybody who bought one got screwed? As for the 6s line, does it help you walk on water or something? Just…Wow 🙄

Last edited:
As a newb to both electrics and aarma, I find this thread interesting. I've owned both hpi and losi rc's and find my 3's senton..v3 ( at least so far) to be far superior in design, quality, price and availability of parts. Did extensive research and read reviews from owners. I've cart wheeled and rolled it so many times, I became dizzy. Nothing has broke YET. ( sorry to disappoint Josh, I'm trying!) Having said that, we all drive differently and have different experiences. One thing I think we might all agree on is a RTR = vehicle is pretty much assembled but not necessarily PROPERLY. The damage the op shows is really puzzling based on how he says his son and him are driving. I don't get it. Do have to ask if your driving with the lids off? Maybe got some lemons..who knows...

Nothing is wrong with the 3s line lol. None of this damage could happen from just running it normally. So you seen Kevin's videos on YouTube took it to the skatepark and jumped it into the concrete and stuff broke... imagine that, nah come on a forum trash a decent rc then insult its members... class act 👎

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back