Typhon Typhon 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickcd

Reaction score
Hello,
My son has a Typhon 3S 4×4 BLS and is getting 9 minutes of run time on a baseball field using a Powerhobby Pro LiPo 5200 mAh, 75C, 3 cell, 11.1v battery. Is this normal or is there something wrong with the car? I have tried two of the same battery with similar results. We are new at this and about to call it quits and sell it.
Thanks,
Nick

Hello,
My son has a Typhon 3S 4×4 BLS and is getting 9 minutes of run time on a baseball field using a Powerhobby Pro LiPo 5200 mAh, 75C, 3 cell, 11.1v battery. Is this normal or is there something wrong with the car? I have tried two of the same battery with similar results. We are new at this and about to call it quits and sell it.
Thanks,
Nick
There are a lot variables when it come to runtimes. Throttle control, terrain, gearing etc. However in my experience with my 3s cars, if I go flat out for most of the time around a paddock, i will only get about 10 mins of runtime, sometime even less, with a gensacearespammers 5500mah 3s pack. However if im at a bmx track doing laps and jumps, where im always feathering the trottle, usually get at least 20 - 25mins.

Another thing to check is what voltage the battery is at when the Low Voltage Cutoff cuts in. There have been issue with some BLX100 esc where they are cutting out at 3.8v per cell which is rather high.

Hello,
Thanks,
Nick
What are your cell voltages of you LiPO immediately when it cuts out? 9 mins seems short.

If the Typhon is older stock it could have one of the blx100s that had the firmware issue where it would hit LVC prematurely. The issue was fixed in a firmware update a couple months ago but all the units already in the field would have to be fixed via warranty replacement.

A cell voltage check of your battery after it shuts off would confirm if it's a battery issue and if not battery then may be the esc with the premature lvc issue like I mentioned. Also if possible try a 2s pack, back when this issue was happening to most new blx100 powered arrma owners those who ran 2s packs were getting longer run times than when they tried 3s packs, so it seemed the issue was mostly affecting 3s only.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back