Typhon Typhon 3s!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiderZ

Reaction score
New Typhon 3s,new to Arrma equipment,not to R/C.I’m pretty impressed with what I see with this buggy.
Have‘nt run it yet as the weather is still crap here in N.Illinois.Already installed a few goodies namely the 6s shocks,HR aluminum rod end balls and an eBay chassis protector.Also got an 8000 mAh 3s battery for it.
Have been into the SC trucks (Traxxas) for the past several years running 2s only so a 3s 1/8 scale buggy is going to be pretty exiting once the weather breaks.I can’t wait!!!😁

F5FDB311-30DC-455F-874B-8DF3C13DFAA4.jpeg

A972F867-26B8-4D4D-BD87-649557A0050C.jpeg

E5BA3883-DFD5-4F1A-98C1-B7E16F4E3BD9.jpeg

6BFBFE39-FFD9-4360-8868-60C065E0BBB9.jpeg

Your gonna love it man. I’ve had mine a few weeks. It’s still bone stock except for an upgraded motor motor cooling fan💪. It will eventually be a track only buggy for racing locally though😊

I just threw a Robinson Raci g extra hard 18 tooth pinion in my Typhon 3S, went from 49 mph to 53 mph, and I think I can get a little more out of it. The Typhon 6s shocks look good in there, I went with the Pro-Line aluminum shocks and front and rear RPM arms.

Waiting on a charger cable from Tower,all my other batteries I use Dean’s plugs.Think I will keep the ic5 connectors on this car.Don’t really care for the stock wheels,prefer the look of dish wheels on the 1/8 buggies.Thinking Proline Badlands on black dish wheels.

Waiting on a charger cable from Tower,all my other batteries I use Dean’s plugs.Think I will keep the ic5 connectors on this car.Don’t really care for the stock wheels,prefer the look of dish wheels on the 1/8 buggies.Thinking Proline Badlands on black dish wheels.
Deans are bad bottle necking plug .Intel be noticly faster without deans plug on 3s

Deans are good upto 2s.buddy bought big rock with deans.switched to ec5 an truck was way faster after.deans only good for i think 70amps.you got 100 amp eac

Deans are good upto 2s.buddy bought big rock with deans.switched to ec5 an truck was way faster after.deans only good for i think 70amps.you got 100 amp eac
I didn't know that. I guess we can learn something every day. Gonna be switching my batteries to ec5 and switch my esc back to ec5

Finally dry enough here for a shake down run.First stab at full throttle on concrete resulted in a wheelie.Wife said I had the biggest grin on my face.
Made a few rips up and down our street to get the steering trim dialed in.I am very impressed with Arrma and the Typhon.Money well spent.
Cant wait to really wring it out to see what it is capable of and how durable it is.

Your gonna love it man. I’ve had mine a few weeks. It’s still bone stock except for an upgraded motor motor cooling fan💪. It will eventually be a track only buggy for racing locally though😊
I loved mine the first time I drove it but then the second outing the servo went dizzy so I warranted it out and waited till came in and took it out after having it replaced and within 2 min the motor seized up. Bought on December 24 and have only had one run on it. Was told the motors should be in store for my warranty at the end of this month. The shouldn't put out new vehicles until the have enough electronics for warranties , then worry about getting the individual parts for sale. Sorry had to get that out.

^^^^ Why is this? What's wrong with Deans plugs?
No good. Not up to par these days. They fail also. Not durable. They were a hot item 20 years ago. Before Lipos were around.
No one is using them any more. Upgrade them.:)

No good. Not up to par these days. They fail also. Not durable. They were a hot item 20 years ago. Before Lipos were around.
No one is using them any more. Upgrade them.:)
Yeah, I just did yesterday. Changed everything to EC5 connectors. I didn’t know that Deans connectors only carry 70 amps. Guess we learn something everyday.

I also really like my typhon 3s, insane beast.

For some reason mine came with a fan on servo AND engine. Haven't seen any other stock typhon 3s with a fan on the engine, any reason why?

Also, whoever put the stickers on the chassis at the factory is really bad at it, tons of bubbles.. : /

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back