Typhon Typhon 4s speed an heat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mjavens

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I got a Typhon with a max 10 set up ive hit 67mph on 4s. But im runing stock spur with 18 pinion. Are there any other options to get it to maybe 70+ with out over heating. Should i unplug the temp wire? Suggestions plz

Thermal is 221f. I can imagine you would push 221f. Maybe something else is going on. Esc fan working? possibly a bad bearing somewhere? What surface are you running?

I got a Typhon with a max 10 set up ive hit 67mph on 4s. But im runing stock spur with 18 pinion. Are there any other options to get it to maybe 70+ with out over heating. Should i unplug the temp wire? Suggestions plz
A Max10 is too small for speed running in general. Do you have a Typhon 3S or 6S?

Thermal is 221f. I can imagine you would push 221f. Maybe something else is going on. Esc fan working? possibly a bad bearing somewhere? What surface are you running?
im running max10 set up 120amp but i only have thermal after 4 or 5 speed runs on 4s.. i don't have fan on motor i can try a motor fan but are there any other gearing options? im running stock spur 3s.. any time i look to buy i cant seem to find 1 that fits except integy for spur

You can up your pinion all the way to 26t with stock 57t spur which would definitely give you a good amount more speed I'd guess about to 80mph. As said above the max10 is a bit small for speed runs but you should still be able to get some decent speed with it. Make sure you only do like 1-2 passes and then let it cool down with speed running. Also a good idea to run some decent fans on both the esc and motor to help keep the temps down and your electronics cool down faster.

Any other suggestion for upgrade the max10.. An do u think the WTF are goid enough i see great review but don't kno any1 with em

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back