Typhon Typhon 550 Brushed upgrade 3s Brushless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micah421

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I’m ready to upgrade my sons brushed 550 mega to a 3s brushless system. Can anyone recommend what parts I need? I believe I have two Spectrum Brushless kit options 85amp 4000kv or 3300kv. I believe I also need a 57t Slipper Set Assembly, 15t or 17t 5mm 48p pinion. According to the comparison chart the differentials are the same on the Mega as the 3s. Any recommendations or tips would be great! Thanks. I just want to basically upgrade him to the 3s version/speeds and I do want to set it up correctly for low maintenance. I’m not sure if anyone has used the stock mega 550 motor mount? Wondering if I can just use that and not upgrade that part.....Thanks so much!

What radio does your truck use? STX2 or SLT3?
You will need:
Motor: Spectrum 3200kv
ESC: BLX100
Slipper: Slipper
If your rig uses an STX2 you will also need this
Diff (x2): F/R diff
Input gear: F/R input gear
Thank you so much for taking time to help me! Sorry I’m very new to the RC world so I’m not sure what the difference is between STX2 and SLT3. It’s a brand new Typhon 550Mega. According to the comparison chart, the differentials are the same so I don’t believe I need to change those. See link for chart:

https://www.arrma-rc.com/vehicle-co...clj-ZA6OklYuQVpV0q--o0G_F_HciEf3C-nyrOCaZa-VU

Thought ya didn't like Short Courses? Senton?
1618775278229.png

Thought ya didn't like Short Courses? Senton?
View attachment 140475
I bought it for my nephew because that's what he wanted and since it sits with the rest of my rcs I claim it as mine. I still think it is the ugliest rc I have, I don't like the way it drives or how the body turns into a parachute when you jump it.

I bought it for my nephew because that's what he wanted and since it sits with the rest of my rcs I claim it as mine. I still think it is the ugliest rc I have, I don't like the way it drives or how the body turns into a parachute when you jump it.
I like the look of the v2 but I don't like the parachuting effect... Do you have a v3?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back