Typhon Typhon 6s 2018 vs 2019

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
He all !

I was almost finished which arrma to buy but after reding all those topics, I am a bit confused about the spectrum transmitter which you get at the new typhon 6s.

Is it really that bad as people say?
Do I need to buy also a new one with the typhon 6s?

I saw that at the 2018 version the tactic transmitter comes with it.

Maybe better to buy that one then or what are your thoughts about it ?

Cause at an 480euros car you should think it's good...right ?

He all !

I was almost finished which arrma to buy but after reding all those topics, I am a bit confused about the spectrum transmitter which you get at the new typhon 6s.

The V3 should be less expensive and it will come with a better radio. Yes, the Spektrum STX2 is garbage. The V4 Typhon has a really cool looking body and better tires than the V3 so that might be a consideration. You can get the Tactic radios for pretty cheap. Tough call with the Typhon because the tires look like they are really good and I love the new paint scheme.

He all !

I choose the V4 and switched out the spektrum transmitter and receiver for a tactic from Jenny's rc.

Oké oké let's check Jenny then. See at what price these things come and if I can order there cause im in the Netherlands.
I noticed very less diferense in them except the body and tyres.
The new one goes faster but guess
because the 20 and 16 tooth pinion difference.
Thanks for the advise.
Good price actually at that site only it's in the us . I don't know about shipping costs.

One bad thing is that the are sold out right now..

Last edited:
I noticed very less diferense in them except the body and tyres.
The new one goes faster but guess
because the 20 and 16 tooth pinion difference.
The new V4 has a fair few differences over the V3 models including;
New sliding motor mount, uses IC5 connectors (instead of XT90), different servo saver, has aluminium shock caps (instead of plastic which the V3 had), new "never pop off" pivot ball joints, new rear wing design and some other slight differences I can't remember.

The speed difference as you say though is just down to different pinion gears supplied with the models. Personally I'm very happy with my V3 Typhon which I bought at the start of the year and don't feel that I missed anything too special by not waiting for the V4's arrival.

The new V4 has a fair few differences over the V3 models including;
New sliding motor mount, uses IC5 connectors (instead of XT90), different servo saver, has aluminium shock caps (instead of plastic which the V3 had), new "never pop off" pivot ball joints, new rear wing design and some other slight differences I can't remember.

The speed difference as you say though is just down to different pinion gears supplied with the models. Personally I'm very happy with my V3 Typhon which I bought at the start of the year and don't feel that I missed anything too special by not waiting for the V4's arrival.
Thanks for the reply
That is more than I noticed Haha

I’m also from the Netherlands, I haven’t tried ordering from Jennyrc but be prepared to pay administration costs ( €12 to €18 depending on the shipping company) and 21% vat (in the Netherlands it’s called btw).
I myself bought this for my Kraton V4 https://www.conrad.nl/p/reely-gt6-e...4-ghz-aantal-kanalen-6-incl-ontvanger-1780646 it’s a flysky GT5 clone but it’s for sure better then the Spectrum STX2 and it has more options than the Tactic transmitter.

Cause youre in the Netherlands, Like i am.. I would suggest gettin the 2018 V3!!

Spare parts for the V4 is an issue at the moment.. There arent any at your LHS!
Stock tires will need replacement after a while anyhow..

Horizon has loads of trouble gettin their stuff into the hobby shops.. For instance.. The Typhon 3s.. Just hit the hobby shops 2 days ago!!

When I got my Typhon V3 I switched it to a Futuba receiver, and had the original Tactic laying around. When I got the V4 a couple weeks ago, I threw the Tactic in it and its great. This is the first mod anyone with a V4 should do

I’m also from the Netherlands, I haven’t tried ordering from Jennyrc but be prepared to pay administration costs ( €12 to €18 depending on the shipping company) and 21% vat (in the Netherlands it’s called btw).
I myself bought this for my Kraton V4 https://www.conrad.nl/p/reely-gt6-e...4-ghz-aantal-kanalen-6-incl-ontvanger-1780646 it’s a flysky GT5 clone but it’s for sure better then the Spectrum STX2 and it has more options than the Tactic transmitter.
That's also a nice one and its price is also reasonable. The tactic should cost about 50 bucks then from jennysrc.

Cause youre in the Netherlands, Like i am.. I would suggest gettin the 2018 V3!!

Spare parts for the V4 is an issue at the moment.. There arent any at your LHS!
Stock tires will need replacement after a while anyhow..

Horizon has loads of trouble gettin their stuff into the hobby shops.. For instance.. The Typhon 3s.. Just hit the hobby shops 2 days ago!!
Where you from exactly? Cause the typhon 3s over here is already in store for a month now.

If you check the store in uden kaasheuvel and oisterwijk the have lots of spare parts I believe ,also the guy from Belgium,he is on fb .

Have a look at some of the Axial’s vehicles on Jennys as some of them use the same tactic radio as the Arrma’s.
Are they one on one the same or ? Cause the difference in price ?
Otherwise I'll order that one

Yes the same model. I’m only guessing but I think Jenny’s must use some kind of formula based on vehicle price. Even between models of Arrma that use the exact same part you can see price variation eg a-arms bought for the outcast and Kraton can vary for the same part number

Ordered ! Total cost of 44euros included shipping fast.
Let's see how long it takes to arrive ?

Today to the LHS to get me an v4 !
Was planning to drive it with my son but the plan has changed cause this one is gonna be to fast for the little man .
So thinking to get him an granite 4x4 mega.

When he is used to that later get an blx motor for it if that is possible.

I wouldn’t advice to buy a Granite Mega (brushed) with the plan to upgrade it, it will cost a fortune. I tried the same with a Senton Mega and it’s a waiste of time and money. I think it’s better to buy him a 3S model and then drive it on 2S to start, then the only upgrade later is buying a 3S LiPo.

Maybe it’s also better to start with a lwb model (Big Rock, Typhon, Senton) because the Granite is swb and that makes it a lot more unstable.

@Doggpoundsmets where are you located? Because it sounds if you are also from Noord Brabant.
Can you let me know what the extra costs are for the parts ordered at JennyRC?

I wouldn’t advice to buy a Granite Mega (brushed) with the plan to upgrade it, it will cost a fortune. I tried the same with a Senton Mega and it’s a waiste of time and money. I think it’s better to buy him a 3S model and then drive it on 2S to start, then the only upgrade later is buying a 3S LiPo.

Maybe it’s also better to start with a lwb model (Big Rock, Typhon, Senton) because the Granite is swb and that makes it a lot more unstable.

@Doggpoundsmets where are you located? Because it sounds if you are also from Noord Brabant.
Can you let me know what the extra costs are for the parts ordered at JennyRC?
Is it that expensive to upgrade it to brushless later on?
Cause I thought to upgrade everything piece by piece when something breaks.the first year no brushless motor for him ,
And your probably right about instability but that's why brushed for him.less fast maybe more stability?

Thanks for the reply,I'm gonna reconsider about the mega.

I'm from waalwijk and u?
Cause I thought to upgrade everything piece by piece when something breaks.the first year no brushless motor for him ,
And your probably right about instability but that's why brushed for him.less fast maybe more stability?

I'm from waalwijk and u?
And the costs for the tactic are 36 for the transmitter and 12 for shipping fast ,11 for normal shipping lol

I'm from waalwijk and u?

And the costs for the tactic are 36 for the transmitter and 12 for shipping fast ,11 for normal shipping lol

@Doggpoundsmets I'm also from Waalwijk (y)

To upgrade a Mega to brushless you nee an ESC and Motor, I bought a "cheap" that fits the original motormount and pinion for € 90 but the motor of that set is sh*t, after one week a bearing was destroyed (LHS fixed it), after 3 weeks the new bearing destroyed (fixed it myself with a sealed bearing) another week, the driveshaft of the motor is broken, and meanwhile I destroyed the spur gear. To do a proper upgrade you need:
a 3S motor mount, a 3S slipperclutch assembly, a 3S pinion gear, the 3S BLX motor and the 3S BLX100 ESC
If you buy that from JennRC it's about $ 135 + shipping + taxes
The price difference between a Mega and 3S is € 80,-

Where you from exactly?
Im from Breda

Cause the typhon 3s over here is already in store for a month now.
Have you actually seen it standing on a shelf? Or just on their websites..
Cause i was at toemen 10 days ago.. He didnt have it yet.. Was there again yesterday.. And he had 3 in stock..

If you check the store in uden kaasheuvel and oisterwijk the have lots of spare parts I believe ,also the guy from Belgium,he is on fb .

Toemen for instance.. has a wall full of Arrma spare parts.. True.. But, the question is.. How much of that wall is typhon V4

Modelbouw bliek aka trxxswinkel.nl is located in Breda.. After bein at Toemen yesterday, who didnt have all i needed, i went there.. There was a guy from freakin Enschede to pick up spare parts for his Armma.. Wich both Toemen and TopRC didnt have in stock.. So the guy drove like 300km to pick them up..!

Final question though.. Do you know a hobbyshop who still has a V3 in stock.. ;)

@Doggpoundsmets I'm also from Waalwijk (y)

To upgrade a Mega to brushless you nee an ESC and Motor, I bought a "cheap" that fits the original motormount and pinion for € 90 but the motor of that set is sh*t, after one week a bearing was destroyed (LHS fixed it), after 3 weeks the new bearing destroyed (fixed it myself with a sealed bearing) another week, the driveshaft of the motor is broken, and meanwhile I destroyed the spur gear. To do a proper upgrade you need:
a 3S motor mount, a 3S slipperclutch assembly, a 3S pinion gear, the 3S BLX motor and the 3S BLX100 ESC
If you buy that from JennRC it's about $ 135 + shipping + taxes
The price difference between a Mega and 3S is € 80,-

That's nice to hear your from the same town Haha. What a coincidence!

True it's only cost 80 euros more but it's also comes with no battery and no charger so then it's even cost around 100 to 150 more I guess?

That will be around 400 + direct or 240 now and the rest on a longer term.

That's a difficult one ?

Are you driving a lot ? And where you go mostly? Thinking about the loonse duinen or het lido .
Where you from exactly?
Im from Breda

Cause the typhon 3s over here is already in store for a month now.
Have you actually seen it standing on a shelf? Or just on their websites..
Cause i was at toemen 10 days ago.. He didnt have it yet.. Was there again yesterday.. And he had 3 in stock..

Toemen for instance.. has a wall full of Arrma spare parts.. True.. But, the question is.. How much of that wall is typhon V4

Modelbouw bliek aka trxxswinkel.nl is located in Breda.. After bein at Toemen yesterday, who didnt have all i needed, i went there.. There was a guy from freakin Enschede to pick up spare parts for his Armma.. Wich both Toemen and TopRC didnt have in stock.. So the guy drove like 300km to pick them up..!

Final question though.. Do you know a hobbyshop who still has a V3 in stock.. ;)
At traxxaswinkel in kaatsheuvel I've seen it standing. Looks really good . The v3 you can get at rctwente for 420 euros right now.
And thought at the recome site there also still available.

That's the question ..if it's for v4 at toemen :)

But damn that is an travel to come from enschede ! Glad I live near those LHS

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back