Typhon Typhon 6S battery tray size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjl5590

Reaction score
Hi all,

Could someone please tell me definitively what the battery tray dimensions of the Typhon 6S is? I've found a few conflicting bits of info...

Just curious if a lipo measuring 60x50x175mm would fit...

Thanks!

Hi all,

Could someone please tell me definitively what the battery tray dimensions of the Typhon 6S is? I've found a few conflicting bits of info...

Just curious if a lipo measuring 60x50x175mm would fit...

Thanks!
50mm is about as wide as you can go in the stock tray. And you will have to shoehorn that in. 48mm is the natural maximum.

Height depends on where you mount the body posts. My SMC pack is 77mm high, but I have my rear body posts up high. I think 60mm should be close, but should fit.

As far as length, you can probably get away with 190mm, maybe a hair more, but it depends on tire offset and if you are trying to wedge a 50mm wide pack, you won’t get it all the way in up front or all the way down.

50mm is about as wide as you can go in the stock tray. And you will have to shoehorn that in. 48mm is the natural maximum.

Height depends on where you mount the body posts. My SMC pack is 77mm high, but I have my rear body posts up high. I think 60mm should be close, but should fit.

As far as length, you can probably get away with 190mm, maybe a hair more, but it depends on tire offset and if you are trying to wedge a 50mm wide pack, you won’t get it all the way in up front or all the way down.

Thanks! I'm not sure whether to risk a battery of that size then, just fancied it because of the 9500mah runtime...

Back