Typhon Typhon 6s biggest pinion with stock spur

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JvD1985

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Typhon 6s
  4. Vendetta
#SpeedrunQuestion

Does anyone know which pinion I have to choose for max top speed with a stock set up (stock motor+esc+spur)

I'm not a speedrun fanatic, but sometimes I just have one of those days, that I want to hit some high speeds without doing allot of changes on the Typhon!

Thanks for reading and have a nice Sunday!

@Erstadw above is correct @JvD1985 .
23T pinion is the biggest you can fit with the stock 50T spur as you will max out the adjustment available on the standard Arrma engine mount.

16 New 23T pinion fitted.JPG

@GMballistic, what speed did you manage to get with it?
I got 65mph odd using the 23T/50T set up with the standard motor/ESC combo but I was running it then in what was a short car park for doing speed runs.
With enough space I'm sure it would have surpassed 70mph easily enough. ;)

I asked Woodie if we can get a specific forum for top speed. Might be easier to keep all the info in a box.

Of course he will need to make a basher forum as well- but I think having 2 separate boxes for the styles will be helpful.

Also suggested we get a thread tag for each to clarify topics.

This thread was definitely helpful for my typhon (v3 esc, v1 motor; I got it used). Per my phone's GPS, I hit 70mph today with stock electronics, 23T pinion, 100C 6S battery, and no other adjustments. I want to go 80 now lol.

It did seem kind of "slow" given that I remember I hit 70-something on my rustler vxl with 3S 50C last year.

Those little rustler vxl are no joke. My nephew has one. It may break axles ALL THE TIME... but the plastic little bugger is fast with a gear change and a fan.

#SpeedrunQuestion

Does anyone know which pinion I have to choose for max top speed with a stock set up (stock motor+esc+spur)

I'm not a speedrun fanatic, but sometimes I just have one of those days, that I want to hit some high speeds without doing allot of changes on the Typhon!

Thanks for reading and have a nice Sunday!
I use a 26 in stock everything and hit 74 mph

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back