Typhon typhon 6s blx rear diff wont spin but rear center driveshaft will ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris tallman

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
so i got my rear diff in got it all fixed up just like it was before and my center diff will spin the front andit will spin the rear but the rear diff will not spin when the rear center driveshaft will spin the right way the same way as the front was and i am just about done with this i have been workin on this for a couple months and i feel like i amm spending more time fixin the rear diff/rear end rather than runnin it and my next step if i cant fix it soon i am probly going to sell it and i really don't want to do that because i really enjoy running it. so does any one have any ideas on whats wrong and what i should do

Which vehicle are we talking about? It's not a limited slip is it?

Okay, re-reading it I'm not sure I have it right either....

"my center diff will spin the front and it will spin the rear"

so to me this means if you try to turn the spur gear it spins the driveshafts both front and read properly.

"but the rear diff will not spin when the rear center driveshaft spins the right way"

I took out a word or two to try and make sense so maybe I mess it up, but I think you're saying that it will spin the rear shaft one way, but not the other because the diff refuses to turn that direction.

edited: I read the op's comments wrong.

Last edited:
Just to clarify, it doesn’t spin at all or spins the opposite direction as the front?
the front would spin forewards and the rear driveshaft connected to the center diff would spin the same way but the rear diff would not budge
hmm... I was guessing that he was saying that he can't get the diff to spin the other tire backwards when you turn one wheel like a diff should... but... if you turn hard enough it will turn both in the same direction and spin the driveshaft. If this is the case, it would mean that you have a spider gear issue perhaps. I only know full size diffs though, and not whatever arrma did inside that secret box. For some reason I'm afraid to pull the cover off of mine yet. LOL

Which vehicle are we talking about? It's not a limited slip is it?
it is the v5 typhon 6s the front wheels would be spining forewards abd the rear driveshaft would spin forewards but the diff would not move and the rear wheels would not move

So it sounds to me like the rear diff will spin one direction but not the other. It won't spin in the proper direction, but it will spin in reverse. Is this correct?

Full disclosure, I'm not sure if I can help figure it out, but I CAN help figure out what you mean so others can help better. :)

So it sounds to me like the rear diff will spin one direction but not the other. It won't spin in the proper direction, but it will spin in reverse. Is this correct?

Full disclosure, I'm not sure if I can help figure it out, but I CAN help figure out what you mean so others can help better. :)
i am not sure but that sounds like the most reasonable answer

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back