Typhon Typhon 6s blx street / speed run conversion help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spits21

Reaction score
Just picked up a Typhon 6s blx and would like to modify it for street / speed run use. I see posts on increasing the width by replacing arms, drive shafts, etc with the mohave or krayton set, but not sure what is best setup. Can this fine group of experts hit me up with some suggestions? Looking to keep engine and electronics stock and currently using the stock pin that came installed, but there was also a larger one included.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

don’t do street stuff but I can give you some input...
- turn droop screws down as far as you want for less travel and to get it lower
-more preload in the shocks especially in the rear
-maybe stiffer springs?
-dboots hoons tyres and wheels
- heatsink and/ or fan on motor
-bigger pinion
- weight reduction if you can?
- centre spool or if you want to do a more budget approach lock the centre diff the many methods( just google it)
- lower body if you can
-chop rear wing a bit for less rear downforce
I will add more stuff and here and once again i am no expert and I know there are some speed run guys on here but I hope this suffices for now. These are the things I would start with and what I could think of off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Just picked up a Typhon 6s blx and would like to modify it for street / speed run use. I see posts on increasing the width by replacing arms, drive shafts, etc with the mohave or krayton set, but not sure what is best setup. Can this fine group of experts hit me up with some suggestions? Looking to keep engine and electronics stock and currently using the stock pin that came installed, but there was also a larger one included.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
IMO if you want to do speed runs, you want a long and narrow car, not widened. That’s why the Limitless and Infraction are long versions of a Typhon. It makes the car track straight with less effort.

Next in importance is getting the ride height as low as possible and removing the extra rear downforce. The stock wing will push up the front wheels at about 80mph. Trim the vertical sections off the wing.

If you don't want or can't afford a spool, stuff your center diff with OMC Johnson-Evinrude "TRIPLE GUARD" Grease. That is some of the thickest..........stuff I have seen. It does a VERY good job of distributing power to the front / rear. It'll cost you 7 bux and about 5 minutes of your time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back