Typhon TYPHON 6S BLX V4 (2019 EDITION) PINION GEAR HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Typhon 6s
Hey guys,

I'm stumped. I've been looking on Ebay for 26T and a 29T pinion gears to install on my Typhon 6s BLX V4, (2019 model), and am having problem. I don't see any for the V4, (2019 model). My concern is the diameter of the motor shaft and matching inner diameter of the pinion gears. Any Ebay "links" would be greatly appreciated.

Many thank's!

You're welcome @arelee .

A thought just occurred to me though have you changed the original centre diff/spur gear set up? ...and replaced with a spool with a different spur gear?

I am mentioning it because I'm pretty sure the V4 Typhon will be exactly the same as my V3 Typhon originally was and the maximum size pinion gear you can run with the standard 50T spur gear/centre diff is a 23T pinion. The adjustable mount on the V4 may give you a little more adjustment but still I can't see it fitting anywhere near a 26T pinion with a 50T spur if that's what you still have.

You're welcome @arelee .

A thought just occurred to me though have you changed the original centre diff/spur gear set up? ...and replaced with a spool with a different spur gear?

I am mentioning it because I'm pretty sure the V4 Typhon will be exactly the same as my V3 Typhon originally was and the maximum size pinion gear you can run with the standard 50T spur gear/centre diff is a 23T pinion. The adjustable mount on the V4 may give you a little more adjustment but still I can't see it fitting anywhere near a 26T pinion with a 50T spur if that's what you still have.
Hey @GMballistic.

The original 50T spur gear/diff that I tooked out of the Typhon V4, looks like a wagon wheel, compared to the "Limitless" 34T spool gear that I replaced it with. There is no way that the original, stock pinion gear will match-up with the new spool gear. it's is
too small for the teeth on both gears will mate. However, I ordered a 29T pinion gear. I'm praying that it will be a solid match.

The original 50T spur gear/diff that I tooked out of the Typhon V4, looks like a wagon wheel, compared to the "Limitless" 34T spool gear that I replaced it with. There is no way that the original, stock pinion gear will match-up with the new spool gear. it's is
too small for the teeth on both gears will mate. However, I ordered a 29T pinion gear. I'm praying that it will be a solid match.
Yep I knew it wouldn't have worked without changing the original spur so was just hoping you already knew that :LOL: (which you did). :);)

I'm also glad you went with the 29T as I believe with the 34T spur gear on the Limitless spool/motor mount the smallest pinion you can use is a 27T AFAIK. Do let us know how you get on. (y)

I have been testing my Typhon lately on various gears with the original BLX system.
26 will work. My next size down was a 22T and that one would not fit.

Here are my numbers thus far. Only 2 tests completed so far....
Ignore the torque loss column, I have not figured that part out yet.

demoCapture.JPG

Yep I knew it wouldn't have worked without changing the original spur so was just hoping you already knew that :LOL: (which you did). :);)

I'm also glad you went with the 29T as I believe with the 34T spur gear on the Limitless spool/motor mount the smallest pinion you can use is a 27T AFAIK. Do let us know how you get on. (y)
Hey GMballistic,

I just ordered a set of Limitless, front and rear shocks and shock towers for the Typhon 6s. I contacted Delta Plastic USA, and told them about my "rocket boosted car" project. They asked me to send them dimensions and a photo of the car, when I have finished modifying the suspension, so they can give me some suggestions regarding body types. Nice people.
I have been testing my Typhon lately on various gears with the original BLX system.
26 will work. My next size down was a 22T and that one would not fit.

Here are my numbers thus far. Only 2 tests completed so far....
Ignore the torque loss column, I have not figured that part out yet.

View attachment 59996
That's impressive Liberty. I can only imagine what the 29T that you suggested will do when I include the the Castle XL-X ESC and the TP Power, motor, ( I am sending them the specs. that you gave me).

Last edited:
Some gears you can get cheap from u.k.
For big boys, sagarc.
If you do order gears from saga, don't buy on ebay, email him .
Hey Taztas,

That's quite an assortment of gears in the photo. Are you planning to build a replica of "Big Ben"? Just joking.

Actually, I did buy my pinion gear on Ebay. If it proves to be defective, where do you suggest I buy my gears? Where do you purchase yours?

Thank's
Have a nice day

Hey Taztas,

That's quite an assortment of gears in the photo. Are you planning to build a replica of "Big Ben"? Just joking.

Actually, I did buy my pinion gear on Ebay. If it proves to be defective, where do you suggest I buy my gears? Where do you purchase yours?

Thank's
Have a nice day
Haha, I think,as said above, the gds gears off ebay uk.
I use them. They seem good gears, but i haven't pushed them to speeds some guys are going.

Haha, I think,as said above, the gds gears off ebay uk.
I use them. They seem good gears, but i haven't pushed them to speeds some guys are going.
I'm sure that someone on this forum can let you know how they hold-up on speed runs. My car isn't finished yet.

Haha, I think,as said above, the gds gears off ebay uk
GDS gears are pretty good tbh and I've used them repeatedly at over a ton. Not had any fail and the quality I've found to be very good.

In fact most of my gears are either GDS or SagaCustom with the rest being a selection of Hot Racing, Traxxas and Arrma. (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back