Typhon 6s build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fantastic news for me. One of the motor bullets was pulled out of my xlx2. It was still thete but not soldered anymore. I successfully repaired it and I'm beyond confident at how well it's soldered. That was the single biggest expense I was worried about.

Fantastic news for me. One of the motor bullets was pulled out of my xlx2. It was still thete but not soldered anymore. I successfully repaired it and I'm beyond confident at how well it's soldered. That was the single biggest expense I was worried about.
Well done Mr. Adams!! 💪

Making some good progress at the cost of a full night's sleep 😴 💤. However I just discovered that the front gp5 pinion and ring gear are missing teeth. I was really hoping it was just dirt making the crunch since the crash happened in sandy clay. Oh well, if the local hobbytown has what I need, I may be nearly done tomorrow. Still need a body However.

20230130_201337.jpg

20230130_201352.jpg

20230130_221709.jpg

20230130_224334.jpg

Making some good progress at the cost of a full night's sleep 😴 💤. However I just discovered that the front gp5 pinion and ring gear are missing teeth. I was really hoping it was just dirt making the crunch since the crash happened in sandy clay. Oh well, if the local hobbytown has what I need, I may be nearly done tomorrow. Still need a body However.

View attachment 274347

View attachment 274348

View attachment 274349

View attachment 274350
Ahh, bummer man. Hopefully they have what you need. Steady as she goes :)

View attachment 274347

View attachment 274348

View attachment 274349

View attachment 274350
Nice, good to see you're getting close to running again bro!! & I just bought the last 2 red/black typhon bodies that Jenny's had last nite, sorry dude!!😬😯 You're good w/ a pair of tin snips, you could just make one kinda like the Budweiser Buggy!😁😉👍🤘

20230119_213637.jpg

20230119_213615.jpg

20230119_213555.jpg

@joshludden that looks badazzz bro!!! I always thought about making my own body just to say I did, and it would definitely be some kind of metal. Probably gonna see it the hobby shop has a clear one and slap some paint on it. The red and bkack stock bodies look great but get hard to see once they ¼ish mile away.

@joshludden that looks badazzz bro!!! I always thought about making my own body just to say I did, and it would definitely be some kind of metal. Probably gonna see it the hobby shop has a clear one and slap some paint on it. The red and bkack stock bodies look great but get hard to see once they ¼ish mile away.
Thanks man, I just used scrap aluminum gutter coil. Yeah, agree the black/red are hard to see @ distance. I just paint the outside of em since they're less than half the price of the clear ones 😁🤷‍♂️

She back!!!! Hopefully I can make a 2s pass tomorrow and get it dialed back in suspension wise. Super interested to see what this big tp can do on 2s too. It might put too much strain on my already hurt lipos, but we gonna give it a shot anyway.

20230202_203623.jpg

20230202_203612.jpg

Is it red or orange? Kinda difficult to tell from the pics. I've got a stocker typhon body I need to paint for my stretched typhon & am always looking for inspiration
It's red the light just sucks in my house. I didn't put enough white on so you can see through it a little 😑 raining outside today or I would have been able to tell it needed more. Oh well it'll do its job.
You have pretty good paint skills, looking forward to seeing you paint that typhon

Tried running this thing on foams on only 2s and quickly realized downforce would make my life easier 😆 so now we gonna go the GT route.
Got a jag body just waiting on some mounts to come so I can figure out how to hang it. Gonna be interesting.

20230226_155926.jpg

20230226_173115.jpg

20230226_191336.jpg

20230226_160000.jpg

Did you cut those side skirts yourself? And I STILL want that XLX2 mount (I ain't forget)!!! LOL
I bought the skirts. Pm me your address I'll send ya a mount. What center diff supports and cover do you have? Or you could measure from chassis to top of center diff cover.

Tried running this thing on foams on only 2s and quickly realized downforce would make my life easier 😆 so now we gonna go the GT route.
Got a jag body just waiting on some mounts to come so I can figure out how to hang it. Gonna be interesting.

View attachment 281421

View attachment 281422

View attachment 281423

View attachment 281424
Somehow I was not getting notifications on your thread.
Nice work so far!
One note about the Jag body is that you have to put that nose down really low. It's a slick shape that, but it will flip if the nose is too high. Some guys leave the front plastic hanging low and let it file down on the road while running and sort of set itself up. With your fixed front suspension that might not work as well...

Somehow I was not getting notifications on your thread.
Nice work so far!
One note about the Jag body is that you have to put that nose down really low. It's a slick shape that, but it will flip if the nose is too high. Some guys leave the front plastic hanging low and let it file down on the road while running and sort of set itself up. With your fixed front suspension that might not work as well...
Thanks for the tip liberty. I plan on getting the front as low as my road allows. Gonna be a learning experience for sure. Going back to 2s and working the car up to 4s hopefully 🙏. Still need to order a few things too so it'll be a slowish build. Thought about getting some thin carbon fiber to fill out the underside as well.
Do you think 2mm would work? It'll just be for under car air flow, nothing will be mounted on it.

Got the splitter on. Waiting on the bumper support so I can install front mounts.

20230228_190029.jpg

20230228_190113.jpg

Gonna have to make my own splitter out of pocket like I did for my infraction, 📸 is on infraction. I can take the edge piece off and make a one that fits fairly tight to the wheels and seal off the nose better. I learned from doing the infraction and this one will cover more open space.

Attachments

• 20230228_190128.jpg
    20230228_190128.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 28
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back