Typhon Typhon 6s bumper & skid plate options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC-Dude

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Just wondering about a good bumper / skid plate setup for the Typhon 6s. I took the optional bumper from the Kraton 6s just to check. Is the same part for the Typhon. Not quite happy. Just protudes so much - or not?
I need skid plates but a front aluminium skid plate needs a different bumper or spacer. Just did some really long jumping on a new wooden ramp and the chassis did some good scraping front and rear when hitting the ramp at high speed.

1. So one option is to use the Arrma bumper (integrated plastic skid plate) like in the pictures and an aluminium rear skid plate. Does this option give too much load on the bumper instead of sharing the load with the wheels when hitting to steep?

2. The other option is to use both aluminium skid plates front and back, no bumper and some spacer in front to assemble the front skid plate. If I hit to steep it would break a wishbone (intended breaking point) instead of full force into the chassis.

What is better?

20210310_203451.jpg

20210310_203448.jpg

Last edited:
The protrusion you see is fine. Just makes the Typhon look different... you will get used to it. Will protect the rig from MUCH damage. The main purpose.
You only need a skid plate in the rear, I imagine. The front bumper has a skid there already.
You can technically put the same bumper in the rear also I believe. If this is a viable option for you, try swapping the front to the rear and see if it works for you also to test fit it there. Many do this. Just an idea. Then you wont need a separate skid in the rear.

Here is the same bumper back on the Kraton 6s. In case of a crash both wheels and bumper take the load. With the Typhon the bumper takes the full load. A lot further back.

20210311_223534.jpg

20210311_223503.jpg

That's because the Typhon has a narrower track width and smaller wheels than the Kraton. The 2 are different for sure.

I put the bumper back on to the Typhon to look at the position the bumper would be at when coming down too steep. The bumper is not the problem I thought it would be.

@SrC Thanks for the input!

20210311_231111.jpg

20210311_231115.jpg

Looking from above - that bumper certainly is not winning a beauty contest. :LOL: More a tradeoff to get a skid plate.

I never felt Bashers were meant to win any beauty contests. 🤷‍♂️ :ROFLMAO:
Function over Form.👍

I've got the RPM front bumper on mine with an Arrma steel rear skid plate. But I don't bash mine, just street, so my bumper is really for bouncing off curbs and stuff on all 4s, not nose diving! 😂 The RPM bumper is small and not sure it would hold up to bashing and a lot of nose dives.
20220819_083703.jpg

20220819_083652.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back