Typhon Typhon 6s center diff oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Go Arrma

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Senton 3s
  3. Typhon 6s
  4. Typhon 3s
What kind of oil do I need for this diff? I think its stock. Its from a 6s typhon...
IMG_20211109_081958.jpg
IMG_20211109_082017.jpg
IMG_20211109_082009.jpg

Typhon RTR center diff comes with 10k cst out the box. For bashing and with the standard size Typhon Buggy wheels many are going with 200k cst and higher.
Based on preference, trial and error dictates. 10k seems a bit too thin. The diff wil get real hot and literally melt and destruct. Been there. Too thin will bleed off rear diff power and transfer it to the front wheels. "Diffing out". Much less control and power efficiency running 6s.
For track running (4s) better results are achieved with 10k and even thinner.
The above diff could be from any of the the other 6s rigs. IDK for sure what you have there . But will come with 100Kcst out the box.
I would recommend 40k front, 200k center and 20k rear. As a start for bashing. Just me.
I have a TLRT Typhon. Not a basher and keeping it much lower to stock CST by comparison.
My Kraton, Mojave and Noto all run 60k/500k/30k by comparison. They run 6s and are bashed harder than my TLRT ever will.
Govern yourself accordingly.
My spin.:cool:

Edit: those BB's look like they may be toasted. I would change them out while you are in there. Use Sealed BB replacements. Buy the whole complete set of BB's for your Typhon if you don't have. It is cheaper this way. Over getting just 2 BB's alone for this diff.
That diff looks well used. Inspect it well. It may need more parts, than just a cleaning and fluid fill.;)

Last edited:
Typhon RTR center diff comes with 10k cst out the box. For bashing and with the standard size Typhon Buggy wheels many are going with 200k cst and higher.
Based on preference, trial and error dictates. 10k seems a bit too thin. The diff wil get real hot and literally melt and destruct. Been there. Too thin will bleed off rear diff power and transfer it to the front wheels. "Diffing out". Much less control and power efficiency running 6s.
The above diff could be from any of the the other 6s rigs. IDK for sure what you have there . But will come with 100Kcst out the box.
I would recommend 40k front, 200k center and 20k rear. As a start for bashing. Just me.
I have a TLRT Typhon. Not a basher and keeping it much lower to stock CST by comparison.
My Kraton, Mojave and Noto all run 60k/500k/30k by comparison. They run 6s and are bashed harder than my TLRT.
This is a center diff, so you recomend I go with the 100K cst?
https://www.amazon.com/Traxxas-5130-Differential-100k-Weight/dp/B000EQ7ZLM

Would this stuff work?
My Kraton, Mojave and Noto all run 60k/500k/30k by comparison. They run 6s and are bashed harder than my TLRT ever will.

Edit: those BB's look like they may be toasted. I would change them out while you are in there. Use Sealed BB replacements. Buy the whole complete set of BB's for your Typhon if you don't have. It is cheaper this way. Over getting just 2 BB's alone for this diff.
That diff looks well used. Inspect it well. It may need more than just a cleaning and fuid fill.;)
BB's... sorry i don't know anything. Bearings?

Last edited:
For the Typhon, I like 200k in the center. I usually trash-talk high cst in the diffs, but 200k is nice. This is for bashing whatever man and nature presents, like a cokehead in a mosh pit.

For the Typhon, I like 200k in the center. I usually trash-talk high cst in the diffs, but 200k is nice. This is for bashing whatever man and nature presents, like a cokehead in a mosh pit.
do you have a link or any reccomendations for what brand or what bottle i should buy. or does it not really matter, as long as its 200k?

You are better served with 200k, like @Monster Dork also states.(y)

https://www.amazon.com/TEAM-LOSI-Si...e6246&pd_rd_wg=Wjzao&pd_rd_i=B085QLXRV3&psc=1

I try to stay away from TRX oils. A last resort. They give you so little for the price. But sometimes you don't have a choice.
Silicone thicker diff oils are in very short supply these days.
I use mostly Team Assoiciated and TLR oils. Best price's and availability, usually.
I would do the front and rear diffs also. They are probably also due for maintenance? You know better than I what's been maintained thus far.
Get oil for the Front and Rear Diffs also while you do this. What I would do. I service all my diffs in one shot. Best performance will result.

Last edited:
do you have a link or any reccomendations for what brand or what bottle i should buy. or does it not really matter, as long as its 200k?

It all comes out of 55-gal drums with the same label. I can't tell a difference between one brand or the other.

Let me search some decent videos for you. will get back.
There are many threads here in regards. Search AF here also. Some of these threads will also have videos posted within.
There is a slight learning curve. Learned by doing them several times over. Not hard at all. Just can't rush the process though. take your time and examine all the internal parts. You may need the internal gears sets, shims etc. more parts. Will only know once you disassemble and clean the parts for inspection. Best to have all parts in hand first, if any are needed.
It all comes out of 55-gal drums with the same label. I can't tell a difference between one brand or the other.
^^^ This
All the same stuff. Some brands (Traxasss) just want to charge more, give less quantity, like they are selling gold or something.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back