Typhon TYPHON 6S convert to Senton 6s, how ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mosen

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I have extra body mounts, cage, tires for a Senton 6s.
If i buy a Typhon 6S, what else will i need to convert to a Senton 6s or similar SCT ?
I am looking to raise ground clearance…..

Are Shocks and Shock towers different on the Typhon 6s and Senton 6s ?

Thanks!!

Need the shock towers an mounts.typhon is alittle wider.heres senton 6s rear mount an tower...here's typhon an senton6 nose to nose..typhon suspension will work thou.

20220630_040300.jpg

20220630_040431.jpg

Also see my YT vid ‘’ Armma TLR Senton 6s !!! ‘’
If i buy a Typhon 6S, what else will i need to convert to a Senton 6s or similar SCT ?

Thanks!!
You’ll need front and rear bumper. Watch my build , I keep the Typhon towers,arms,shocks

Thanks!!
Yes , the shocks are longer and towers are taller . You get more ground clearance and suspension travel if you leave the Typhon in place . Plus the wider arms and sway bars makes it handle night and day to a real Senton 6s . I love my Senton TLR I built !

Yes , the shocks are longer and towers are taller . You get more ground clearance and suspension travel if you leave the Typhon in place . Plus the wider arms and sway bars makes it handle night and day to a real Senton 6s . I love my Senton TLR I built !
Hi man, just wanted to ask you; with the Typhon being wider.....do the tires stick out too much under a Senton 6s body ? did you have to trim ? It looks just fine on your youtube videos....thanks!

Hi man, just wanted to ask you; with the Typhon being wider.....do the tires stick out too much under a Senton 6s body ? did you have to trim ? It looks just fine on your youtube videos....thanks!
No , stick out a little more , but the body is higher up on the mounts on the Typhon towers so clearance is not an issue . Did not have to cut my body , clears with SCT tires as well as the buggy tires.

No , stick out a little more , but the body is higher up on the mounts on the Typhon towers so clearance is not an issue . Did not have to cut my body , clears with SCT tires as well as the buggy tires.
Thank you so much! This is great to know!

My “new” Senton works perfect with the Typhon wide track. I still have the stock tires on and no rub. It handles amazing!

Now I haven’t gone out and done any big jumps yet. Just running it on my street and jumping the curbs.

FA5DDA91-79EA-414D-8071-69183B8EECFB.jpeg

315D675F-84CF-4D63-8A60-167A9D43F778.jpeg

E7B1B9EE-2FAA-427D-AD2F-A6E9FD32483C.jpeg

My “new” Senton works perfect with the Typhon wide track. I still have the stock tires on and no rub. It handles amazing!

Now I haven’t gone out and done any big jumps yet. Just running it on my street and jumping the curbs.

View attachment 271385

View attachment 271386

View attachment 271387
Oh man!! Thank u so much for sharing! Thats is the exact Typhon i would like to convert. What all did u need and the body fit without any rubbing ? If we were to get TLR Typhon shocks and towers, we could raise the body a little and get more ground clearance!

Oh man!! Thank u so much for sharing! Thats is the exact Typhon i would like to convert. What all did u need and the body fit without any rubbing ? If we were to get TLR Typhon shocks and towers, we could raise the body a little and get more ground clearance!

With them being on sale for $399 I’m having a hard time talking myself out of making a Senton.

Mosen- the Senton Body Mounts have more room to move up. So I am not in the highest position. Also, I did cut the stock shock towers, I only Dremeled the Senton 6s Body Mounts to fit the Typhon 6S Shock towers (others do it the opposite and cut the shock towers front and back to fit the Senton Body Mounts.

I am interested if you get the TLR Shocks how they work for you. I might do that upgrade later on. I did use the EXB front bumper instead of the Senton front bumper (has more protections in my opinion, and had an integrated front skid plate), I used the stock Senton Rear bumper but added the RPM rear skid plate).

I need to get it out to the park to do some jumping. I didn't add the Senton nerf bars to the chassis, so we will see how the body holds up but I did reinforce the inside of the body and added the roof skid bars to the outside.

On the street even in 4S this thing screamed and handled amazing. That was the one thing about my Kraton 6S EXB, it was almost too wild. Standing back flips, all day long, and great for jumping, but the handling was not so great.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back