Kraton Typhon 6s diffs in talion or kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rparkin986

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton 4s
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Talion
  5. Typhon 3s
Can you put diffs from typhon in kraton or talion

They definitely aren’t the same. Look totally different.
U had me intrigued so I watched a YouTube video about it. I guess the Typhon is for some reason a little bit different. As long as you use the diff and the input together they will work though (according to the video I watched)

Can you put diffs from typhon in kraton or talion
Kraton diff i believe is spiral cut think olso the talion. but the typhon diff is straight cut gear i think the kraton and talion has a spiral cut gear coz its ment to be stronger but im no expert someone on here would know for shore

I just checked the manual. Looks like all 6S vehicles use the same f/r diff with part number AR220041, except for the Typhon which uses a different f/r diff with p/n AR220028. Centre diffs are all the same between 6S vehicles

Yes. All the 6S diffs are the same.
No they are not. Spiral vs straight and different tooth count. If you put a Typhon diff in a Kraton, you need to change the input gear as well.

No they are not. Spiral vs straight and different tooth count. If you put a Typhon diff in a Kraton, you need to change the input gear as well.
That’s what I was wondering. I bought the front and rear complete cases from Jenny’s for the typhon to put on my talion. Just wanted to know if anyone else has tried this. I heard you don’t have to shim and they are the same as the infraction and limitless as well so got to be durable

That’s what I was wondering. I bought the front and rear complete cases from Jenny’s for the typhon to put on my talion. Just wanted to know if anyone else has tried this. I heard you don’t have to shim and they are the same as the infraction and limitless as well so got to be durable
They are more durable when using smaller and lighter tires. The stock Katars on the Talion might be fine as they are pretty light still. Just don’t expect straight cut gears to hold up long with big heavy tires. That’s why the trucks all use spiral cuts.

i think the gearing is different too. I put the senton centre diff in my mojave and it was geared significantly slower. hmm

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back