Typhon Typhon 6S driving over water - FAST

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats awesome.. 1st that you are in such a terrific nature area with you kid, but also that 6s power turning your tires into floatation devices! LOL The Typhon 6s is such a dense heavy machine, amazing that it can do that so effortlessly. I have never really taken any of my cars over more then occasional big puddles, I somehow don't really feel inside they won't somehow short out in water, though it is always emphasized that everything is waterproofed!

I'm Bubba 5559 My dad told me it would be OK he did extra things to make it protect more. I'm using voice to speech so I'm only in second grade my working on my spelling because I'm only 7 years old.

Daddy5559 - yeah so the stuff I did that made me feel better about it were :

I soaked all the bearings in Lincoln synthetic oil and then packed bearing housings with super lube synthetic.

I made the gear housings sealed with some Toyota black gasket maker and let cure real good.

I Put a waterproof wire crimp sleeve through the receiver box, then tested and it didn't hold water out so I used a spare one with more gasket maker in the antenna area and lid i installed new hex head stainless screws one grade thicker to tighten down more against the seal.

The ESC I just put my faith behind the engineers and that my son wouldn't put the brakes on halfway across.

Center diff gasket and seal tight

Pray.

That was fun to watch. How deep was the water where he was running. I don't imagine it was to deep but it could still have been a bad time if he had stopped.

Last edited:
Awesome fun! I wish I lived there. I'm so over this metropolitan big city life.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back