Typhon Typhon 6s Esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palmryde

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Typhon 6s
I believe my 5 year old BLX 185 is starting to go. What would be a good replacement? A new one is $138.00. Hobbywing?

Looking for a combo motor and ESC? or keeping the 2050 kv stocker motor?
HW is doable at a reasonable price. Max 8 (6s) or Max 6 IMHO. Max 6 (8s esc) costs more but will future proof your setup. Better Amp overhead. Will probably run cooler, and you can always put in a larger motor no issue. And also run 8s if you so choose.
Please stay away from HH/Spektrum stuff.:giggle: Don't let the cheap available price sway you. Now is the time to update to a better upgrade ESC.

I suggest you rebuild the stocker motor for your new ESC. It is probably due, if you haven't already. Change out the 2 motor BB's if they are the OE ones.
Consider Ceramic Motor BB's. What I always do now when replacing them. Worth the few coins more. I noticed Ceramics run cooler. Last somewhat longer as well if maintained well enough. I have not bricked any of my Ceramic BB's yet. Some have over 30 packs in on my 2050 kv OE motors.

Last edited:
Looking for a combo motor and ESC? or keeping the 2050 kv stocker motor?
HW is doable at a reasonable price. Max 8 or 6 IMHO. Max 6 (8s esc) costs more but will future proof your setup. Better Amp overhead. Will probably run cooler, and you can always put in a larger motor no issue.
Please stay away from Spektrum stuff.:giggle: Don't let the cheap available price sway you.
I suggest you rebuild the stocker motor for your new ESC. It is probably due, if you haven't already. Change out the 2 motor BB's if they are the OE ones.
Consider Ceramic Motor BB's. What I always do now when replacing them. I noticed Ceramics run cooler. Last somewhat longer as well if maintained well enough. I have not bricked any of my Ceramic BB's yet. Some have over 30 packs in on my 2050 kv OE motors.
Just the ESC, just installed spare rebuilt motor. Not a spectrum fan at all. Don't see me going above 6s. So I guess a toss up between the Max 6 or Max 8 then. Thanks for the ceramic bearing heads up. Do you have a link to those? Currently have the old motor torn down. Bad front bearing its demise.
One more question. Will the Max 6 bolt up the the stock esc plate?

Just the ESC, just installed spare rebuilt motor. Not a spectrum fan at all. Don't see me going above 6s. So I guess a toss up between the Max 6 or Max 8 then. Thanks for the ceramic bearing heads up. Do you have a link to those? Currently have the old motor torn down. Bad front bearing its demise.
Yep, I have a couple in my Typhons
I have since switched to m2c plates for both

20220725_223342.jpg

20220612_172025.jpg

https://jimsbearings.com/collections/motor-bearings

Also Avid, Boca Bearings and TRBRC for motor BB's.
Jims Bearings lists the size BB's specifically for the 2050 Stocker motor as a reference for what 2 sizes you need.
I always add a drop of Synthetic OIl to my new BB's out the package.

Max8 can do the job but go Max6 to overpower a bit run a little cooler. I have a Max8 in my Typhon TLR, but it only runs 4S, never 6S. If I were running 6S I would stay with the same 150A powered rating ESC it came with but better with the Max6 150A...better than the stock Firma. I would not lower the Amp using a Max8.

Something to think about :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back