Typhon Typhon 6s EXB speed runner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trying to get into a little speed running myself. I’ve got the 8s 160A/1250kv Spektrum system in my infraction now. Best run was 87.8mph, wait can I round that up?🤣 88mph! I know I got a long ways to go. I’m grabbing a spool for my Infraction and picking up a new Typhon 6s RTR later this week and starting another build.

@Notorious J keep it up brother!👍🏼😎
Join the party,its a goood time over here on the dark side.only rules are u must be 40++years old an wont be upset if infraction gets totaled out.come tear some $HIT UP WITH US..just kidding about the rules.work your way up slowly is my best advice..for me patience is key...don't be in a rush to run car...👍👍👍

Join the party,its a goood time over here on the dark side.only rules are u must be 40++years old an wont be upset if infraction gets totaled out.come tear some $HIT UP WITH US..just kidding about the rules.work your way up slowly is my best advice..for me patience is key...don't be in a rush to run car...👍👍👍
I was gonna say, I’m a twenty-something graduating in 3 weeks; I have to wait till I’m 40??

Just been catching up reading all this NJ. (y)
Only thing I would have said has been said, ...just thought the front on the Typhon looked a little high ~ could do with more rake angle.

Have you added any limiters to your shocks @Notorious J ?
Important to make sure that your rear end cannot go lower than your front when it squats under acceleration.

Just been catching up reading all this NJ. (y)
Only thing I would have said has been said, ...just thought the front on the Typhon looked a little high ~ could do with more rake angle.

Have you added any limiters to your shocks @Notorious J ?
Important to make sure that your rear end cannot go lower than your front when it squats under acceleration.
I haven't but will definitely get on that before the next run. I'm not sure how much lower I can get the front except to raise the collars to the top of the front shocks and maybe try them in a different hole on the tower. There's no battery in it while taking these pics, so I'll make the adjustments when it's in there. This is the epitome of the bolt on build. Guy has no idea how the addons make a difference, but thinks it looks cool enough that nobody will notice that he can't drive it worth a :poop::D

Damn our ring-leader is a youngin,no wonder your not updating list more often.u a busy man
@The Donut Man I appreciate you making the time to run list .I'm sure schooling,work,an personal life keeps u busy.thank you for stepping up to run this pb circus..👍👍

Got a new rear wing from Jennys Rc. Not Arrma but it fits, is lighter, and has an add on lip at the rear to create more downforce. If the spoiler fits, wear it.
20210427_205454.jpg
20210427_205111.jpg
20210427_204937.jpg

Last edited:
Limitless rear shocks showed up today. Rear end is now Limitless tower and shocks with a T Bone wing mount (don't ask). The new dirt guards are just cut out of a coffee tin lid. Light, flexible and more than enough protection for a speed runner.
20210428_203513.jpg
20210428_200943.jpg
20210428_200936.jpg

Gonna call this build completed. Went from a T6S out of the box. Final build includes:
T6S arms, sway bars, f/r drive shafts and body (painted by Toronto Leisure Rc).
K6S EXB chassis, f/r chassis braces, rear drive shaft, axles, hubs, hexes and servo mount.
Limitless center spool (34t spur), front tower, shocks and splitter. Rear tower and shocks.
Felony GP5 15/42 front and rear difs, 1M weight fluid.
Kyosho Inferno Mp10 rear wing.
T Bone Racing rear wing mount.
Voltage Hobbies and Custom Rc Upgrades suspension mounts.
GRP S5 Revo tires
Stock BLX 2050kv motor w/ceramic TRB bearings, Castle MMX8S esc, 29t pinion, dual fans.
Radiolink RC6GS V2 radio and R7FG receiver
Stock Arrma gear boxes, battery tray and adjustable motor mount.
Top speed to date: 112 mph (on 100mm Hoons) but only my driving is holding it back from much higher speeds.
Thanks to all who've followed along, commented, suggested and helped to get it to where it is today.
20210428_203513.jpg
20210428_203635.jpg
20210428_203736.jpg

The answer is no, I am not considering a motor upgrade or going 8s. It has always been about keeping it all Arrma (wing was last minute and esc was a must) and getting the most out of the stock motor as I could.

Okay, I lied. Was one other small mod I was waiting on. Bought some 55 mm standoffs for the rear body mounts in a color that suits the build. Had to bend them a bit as the holes on the Limitless tower are just slightly farther apart then on the Typhon tower.
20210504_200411.jpg

20210504_200655.jpg

Nice LWB mods here...I would love to see one of these running at high speeds. Mine is fast...but at about 60 mph it gets a little squirrely for my taste. Unlike my Big Rock, I do not want to bash my Typhon. I want it to look nice and perform well. I really wanted the Talion...but it's nowhere to be found anymore. I like the Typhon but I don't like how the front shock towers are exposed...flipping and tumbling at high speeds takes a toll on those towers ya know.
But thumbs way up for these LWB mods!

Nice LWB mods here...I would love to see one of these running at high speeds. Mine is fast...but at about 60 mph it gets a little squirrely for my taste. Unlike my Big Rock, I do not want to bash my Typhon. I want it to look nice and perform well. I really wanted the Talion...but it's nowhere to be found anymore. I like the Typhon but I don't like how the front shock towers are exposed...flipping and tumbling at high speeds takes a toll on those towers ya know.
But thumbs way up for these LWB mods!
Thanks for checking it out. I have a few passes available to be seen on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/c/NOTORIOUSJ_RC. I have a bunch of short clips with the latest mods that you can see on my Instagram page, @notoriousj_rc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back