Typhon Typhon 6s EXB speed runner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a crazy weekend it was. Thanks to so many on the forum including @Mr.Duke, @K-BASH, @LibertyMKiii, @jondilly1974, @Jimbobjr, @Grimbles, @Hammer Down, @The Donut Man and countless others. So many mistakes were made by me in the pursuit of higher speeds, but as of last night, I've got many sorted out. Recalibrated the radio and changed many settings. Set up the esc better with Castle Link. Dropped down the pinion on the motor and so many other little tweaks. Also got a great lesson on how to use the Castle Link software more efficiently. Now I haven't run it full out yet with all the changes, but after some good test passes on Saturday, definitely headed in the right direction......again. To any and all who want to get into the speed run game, this is not for the weak of heart, or light of wallet. It is a gruelling process to inch forward a few miles per hour at a time. Trying to make huge leaps will crush you, as I have recently learned. Reading or seeing what someone else has done and immediately throwing those set ups into your own rc, is a recipe for disaster. Take your time, and changed things slowly and steadily. Learn what works and what doesn't, and try to keep as much detailed information as possible. Kudos to those who are making headway in the speed run game like @Edough13, @rotauq, @Notoriousone, @ABabyEater, @phildogg and the others already mentioned above. Respect to you all for playing a game where the stakes are so high.

Definitely a fine line to walk! I also want to thank you brother for all the encouragement and keeping the competition alive. I'll be 100% honest with you your a big reason I not only started but have pushed for higher PB's. When you hit 112 it pushed me as I was only at 114 and wanted to do better so I tried 8s for my overall best of 125 and only because of you were so close👍 keep it up brother, I know if I've gotten to where I'm at you'll be up there soon as well. As you said have patience work out the kinks and it will happen!

As hard as it is to be humble, it is ESSENTIAL in speed running. That’s why I went back down to 118mph for my first passes this year. Even then I still had brake and radio issues. Don’t try to swing for the fences without taking BP. You absolutely have to be patient and build when you learn. Heck I have hit 137mph and am still learning so much as I go. Guys like Phil and Raz make it look easy. Just put it on the road and pull. NOT! These guys have years under their belts putting down passes. Utmost respect for them as they both have helped me more than I could ever say. Also, @LibertyMKiii has probably been my best mentor. He has helped me time and again. 🤘🏻

As hard as it is to be humble, it is ESSENTIAL in speed running. That’s why I went back down to 118mph for my first passes this year. Even then I still had brake and radio issues. Don’t try to swing for the fences without taking BP. You absolutely have to be patient and build when you learn. Heck I have hit 137mph and am still learning so much as I go. Guys like Phil and Raz make it look easy. Just put it on the road and pull. NOT! These guys have years under their belts putting down passes. Utmost respect for them as they both have helped me more than I could ever say. Also, @LibertyMKiii has probably been my best mentor. He has helped me time and again. 🤘🏻

I appreciate that and glad I can help others. Honestly I don't have much experience compared to guys like Phillip and Raz. They have made so many passes you cannot even count them.

When speaking with Raz on the phone, he was telling me that he runs 4-5 days a week and makes 7 to 15 runs each of those days. That is a lot of time behind the wheels gaining experience and knowledge. You simply cannot gain experience that from reading or receiving advice from another. I am pretty lucky to get in 7 runs for the whole year!

I see this whole group of Arrma Forum speed runners moving up near the 140s and 150s this season 👊.

I would love to join in, but the budget and time are killing me. I enjoy seeing you guys progress and watch the ups and downs. I've learned a lot just reading these posts. I'm afraid that by the time I can dip my toes in the water I won't remember anything I've learned here.

I would love to join in, but the budget and time are killing me. I enjoy seeing you guys progress and watch the ups and downs. I've learned a lot just reading these posts. I'm afraid that by the time I can dip my toes in the water I won't remember anything I've learned here.
Well that's one amazing thing about having this forum is you can bookmark posts and even if not you can always go back and search and find what your looking for. So forget all you want just remember there's tons of amazing info that's not going anywhere👍

What a crazy weekend it was. Thanks to so many on the forum including @Mr.Duke, @K-BASH, @LibertyMKiii, @jondilly1974, @Jimbobjr, @Grimbles, @Hammer Down, @The Donut Man and countless others. So many mistakes were made by me in the pursuit of higher speeds, but as of last night, I've got many sorted out. Recalibrated the radio and changed many settings. Set up the esc better with Castle Link. Dropped down the pinion on the motor and so many other little tweaks. Also got a great lesson on how to use the Castle Link software more efficiently. Now I haven't run it full out yet with all the changes, but after some good test passes on Saturday, definitely headed in the right direction......again. To any and all who want to get into the speed run game, this is not for the weak of heart, or light of wallet. It is a gruelling process to inch forward a few miles per hour at a time. Trying to make huge leaps will crush you, as I have recently learned. Reading or seeing what someone else has done and immediately throwing those set ups into your own rc, is a recipe for disaster. Take your time, and change things slowly and steadily. Learn what works and what doesn't, and try to keep as much detailed information as possible. Kudos to those who are making headway in the speed run game like @Edough13, @rotauq, @Notoriousone, @ABabyEater, @phildogg and the others already mentioned above. Respect to you all for playing a game where the stakes are so high.

I am absolutely thrilled to hear that your weekend has been not only very productive, but also very satisfying!

I have the almost unheard of advantages of both an airstrip, and a father who not only is a former rocket scientist (literally) but also used to race, and as such, I have been blessed to hit 110mph my first time out. Others are not as fortunate to start with advantages like these, but many have gone faster with much less. Everything about the speedrunning side of the hobby is focused on refinement of the most meticulous details, to an almost pedantic level. We have an amazing crew here on the forum (and in the larger speedrunning community) that focuses on positive competition, lifting each other up to our goals and pushing us all to the next level. Being able to pull off everyone's experience as to what matters, what doesn't; what works, and what doesn't has allowed much of the monetary barrier to be reduced, and has not only made this side of the hobby much more accessible, but has enriched the experience for everyone involved. Thank you for adding to this forum, and to this hobby. Without people like you, whose positive attitude and perseverance has broken through some very frustrating barriers, I very much doubt I would be loving the pursuit of speed with you all.

I am absolutely thrilled to hear that your weekend has been not only very productive, but also very satisfying!

I have the almost unheard of advantages of both an airstrip, and a father who not only is a former rocket scientist (literally) but also used to race, and as such, I have been blessed to hit 110mph my first time out. Others are not as fortunate to start with advantages like these, but many have gone faster with much less. Everything about the speedrunning side of the hobby is focused on refinement of the most meticulous details, to an almost pedantic level. We have an amazing crew here on the forum (and in the larger speedrunning community) that focuses on positive competition, lifting each other up to our goals and pushing us all to the next level. Being able to pull off everyone's experience as to what matters, what doesn't; what works, and what doesn't has allowed much of the monetary barrier to be reduced, and has not only made this side of the hobby much more accessible, but has enriched the experience for everyone involved. Thank you for adding to this forum, and to this hobby. Without people like you, whose positive attitude and perseverance has broken through some very frustrating barriers, I very much doubt I would be loving the pursuit of speed with you all.
Is your father looking to adopt?

When speaking with Raz on the phone, he was telling me that he runs 4-5 days a week and makes 7 to 15 runs each of those days. That is a lot of time behind the wheels gaining experience and knowledge. You simply cannot gain experience that from reading or receiving advice from another. I am pretty lucky to get in 7 runs for the whole year!

I see this whole group of Arrma Forum speed runners moving up near the 140s and 150s this season 👊.
Wow, that puts things into perspective. Talk about dedication to the craft! And imagine the battery charging😳... Similarly I think I only got 10 runs in last year. Shooting for 145 this year!

Wow, that puts things into perspective. Talk about dedication to the craft! And imagine the battery charging😳... Similarly I think I only got 10 runs in last year. Shooting for 145 this year!
Definitely some dedication to say the least! But being paid to do it unlike any of us allows for that opportunity to completely emerse yourself into fine tuning and mastering your craft. I am very lucky depending on wind to be able to run sometimes 3-4 times a week but max 3 passes a day unless I'm not happy with results I'll make a second set of runs in the same day totaling 6 passes. It definitely takes a lot of homework and real life trial and error but to me it's all part of the game. Look forward to seeing some passes from you @The Donut Man as your another that has been somewhat of a mentor to me and has given me a lot of amazing useful info and help and I'm very thankful for all of it!!

Definitely some dedication to say the least! But being paid to do it unlike any of us allows for that opportunity to completely emerse yourself into fine tuning and mastering your craft. I am very lucky depending on wind to be able to run sometimes 3-4 times a week but max 3 passes a day unless I'm not happy with results I'll make a second set of runs in the same day totaling 6 passes. It definitely takes a lot of homework and real life trial and error but to me it's all part of the game. Look forward to seeing some passes from you @The Donut Man as your another that has been somewhat of a mentor to me and has given me a lot of amazing useful info and help and I'm very thankful for all of it!!
I appreciate it man. I’m just trying to help where I can and get others excited about the hobby😎 I can’t wait to run either; the car has some major changes from last year.

I appreciate it man. I’m just trying to help where I can and get others excited about the hobby😎 I can’t wait to run either; the car has some major changes from last year.
Major changes? So it goes fast now? 🤣

All kidding aside, I'm excited to see everyone's progress this year. Would be awesome to change most of the leaderboard to pink!

You are featured on AF!
1618339721624.png

You are featured on AF!
View attachment 139492
Where is this? I can't find this "featured" section anywhere. Is this on the app, because if so, that's why I don't see it. I only use the web version of the Forum.

Edit: Figured it out🙈

Congrats on being featured on the inaugural rolling ”featured “ billboard 🤩
I've gone way beyond featured. Check this out! Must have been a glitch in the server, but I'm glad I was able to catch a screen shot🤪
Notorious J Forum results..png

Bent a T Bone bumper downwards and added a piece from a broken one on top. Help or hinder? Comments and criticisms welcome.

20210417_161012.jpg

20210417_161021.jpg

I feel like that's a big surface area, I think I would cut it in half to about the height of your front wheel nut, but I am certainly no expert. Then again you are deflecting air up the flat surface that was there before. I am so confused. :unsure: if nothing else you've got a great small animal deflector now.🤪

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back