Typhon Typhon 6s EXB speed runner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweet man. Awesome to see some one else have the exb brace with stock top plate. Many people on here told me the exb brace would NOT work with a stock top plate. Worked fine on mine. Drilled out hole to 4mm that’s it. Mine was even v1 top plate to boot lol. Awesome rig man

Sweet man. Awesome to see some one else have the exb brace with stock top plate. Many people on here told me the exb brace would NOT work with a stock top plate. Worked fine on mine. Drilled out hole to 4mm that’s it. Mine was even v1 top plate to boot lol. Awesome rig man
That's the only reason it wouldn't work is that it has to be drilled to 4mm, I guess that's too much work and makes it unusable to some people 🤣

I know the way to find out 😜 My GUESS is that it will help very slightly..
It sure did! Right up to the point where it careened off the street and rolled into a field. Bye bye T Bone bumper

It sure did! Right up to the point where it careened off the street and rolled into a field. Bye bye T Bone bumper
Yep crashes can be a deciding factor in many add ons. Are you considering GRPs yet?

Well of course you headed into a field, you were driving a plow! :ROFLMAO:

Seriously kinda sucks, I was curious what the results would be, but that's not what I was expecting,

Well of course you headed into a field, you were driving a plow! :ROFLMAO:

Seriously kinda sucks, I was curious what the results would be, but that's not what I was expecting,
Don't blame terrible driving on the plow😂🤣

Yep crashes can be a deciding factor in many add ons. Are you considering GRPs yet?
I've got two sets of S5's that I set aside when I got the Hoons. Figured the bigger diameter was an inch closer to a higher top speed. After listening to the hum coming from the Hoons as the T6 passed me today, I realized that they are a risky bet when your up over 100 mph.

I've got two sets of S5's that I set aside when I got the Hoons. Figured the bigger diameter was an inch closer to a higher top speed. After listening to the hum coming from the Hoons as the T6 passed me today, I realized that they are a risky bet when your up over 100 mph.
Hoons are like ice skates too. No traction. GRP S3 and S1 are like glued to the road.

Hoons are like ice skates too. No traction. GRP S3 and S1 are like glued to the road.
I haven't had any issues with the Hoons on my Lim and so far about 10 passes at 120+ no traction issues at all🤷

I haven't had any issues with the Hoons on my Lim and so far about 10 passes at 120+ no traction issues at all🤷
I have three sets and they slide all over. I’ve never tried using them over 100mph as I don’t trust them. GRP S1 and S3 will hook even at lower speeds. S7 suck donkey nuts

Ya I've been worried to be honest but they seem to be doing great for me🤞 after today I'm pretty sure I'll be tapped on 6s so I will be more than likely going to my BSR's and 8s from now on. Going to gear back down and run 6s for a few passes maybe even few outings to get the feel of the foams before going balls out on 8s.

Ya I've been worried to be honest but they seem to be doing great for me🤞 after today I'm pretty sure I'll be tapped on 6s so I will be more than likely going to my BSR's and 8s from now on. Going to gear back down and run 6s for a few passes maybe even few outings to get the feel of the foams before going balls out on 8s.
I personally have avoided foams so far. As soon as the S1/S3 no longer work for me, I won’t have a choice. But I am going to push these to the limit. I honestly think most people have issues due to open diffs. But I could be wrong. Time will tell.

And so the saga continues. With a little help from Jennys Rc, the Typhon now has a front splitter
20210419_200739-01.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back