Typhon Typhon 6s EXB speed runner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
Follow me on this fantastic voyage into the world of speed runs.
EXB parts:
Chassis
Chassis braces
Suspension mounts
Hinge pins
Those two little red spacers at the back of the rear brace?‍♂️
Kraton side guards
Servo Mount
Rear dogbone already in hand
20200826_213128.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks to the first family of rc, Jennys Rc, my Typhon 6s is about to go lwb. Included in the makeover are the following EXB parts:
Chassis
Chassis braces
Suspension mounts
Hinge pins
Those two little red spacers at the back of the rear brace?‍♂️
Kraton side guards
Servo Mount
Rear dogbone already in hand
View attachment 96511
No difs or drive train Jonny? I managed to get hold of a EXB front bumper wow how much does it look like a rpm, they listened again ??

I ordered a set of Badland MX tires for mine as my Lockups came unglued once already and due to their age, not sure how much longer they will last. Katars don’t last more than a few packs for me so I’m not wasting money on them again.

No difs or drive train Jonny? I managed to get hold of a EXB front bumper wow how much does it look like a rpm, they listened again ??
Keeping the Typhon stock for now. This is going to be my road car. Just added the lwb EXB chassis and braces for now. About that bumper.I love it. I actually got an extra with this Jennys order that I'll put on my Typhon after the RPM wears out.

Keeping the Typhon stock for now. This is going to be my road car. Just added the lwb EXB chassis and braces for now. About that bumper.I love it. I actually got an extra with this Jennys order that I'll put on my Typhon after the RPM wears out.

Going to dabble in speed this time?

Going to dabble in speed this time?
At this point, the goal is just to have a good road worthy, parking lot basher. I didn't want to add to the fleet with an Infraction, Limitless or Felony, so I just took the Typhon one step further. With the suspension dropped low, it was already a ton of fun on road tires. The stretch is just to give it a little more balance and what I feel, is an awesome look. I might do some gearing switches just to fool around, but I don't have any top speed goals at the moment. I'll just keep watching you and the other speed freaks on the forum, if I need to see triple digit numbers?

At this point, the goal is just to have a good road worthy, parking lot basher. I didn't want to add to the fleet with an Infraction, Limitless or Felony, so I just took the Typhon one step further. With the suspension dropped low, it was already a ton of fun on road tires. The stretch is just to give it a little more balance and what I feel, is an awesome look. I might do some gearing switches just to fool around, but I don't have any top speed goals at the moment. I'll just keep watching you and the other speed freaks on the forum, if I need to see triple digit numbers?
I agree the stretched chassis gives the car some very nice stability and looks.
Trust me.... speed runner cars are a bit annoying because you can't really "use them". They get used for 2 mins at most and then packed away. Crashes are a common occurrence at high speeds, and quality roads for speeds over 100 are extremely difficult to locate.

Good call on making it a fun street car.

Last edited:
I don't run front bumpers on a Typhon as I find it bends the front eayer. Putting it on the outcast

I don't run front bumpers on a Typhon as I find it bends the front eayer. Putting it on the outcast
Sh!t. I meant to say on my Outcast. I got the little T Bone on the Typhon. I know how much you like T Bone?

Sh!t. I meant to say on my Outcast. I got the little T Bone on the Typhon. I know how much you like T Bone?
I had them on the front and rear of my stretched Typhon (sold it last year)
I thought it looked good with one on the rear also. I couldn't tell you now which versions/models they are, but maybe the picture could help.

Stretched 2Capture.JPG

Stretched 1Capture.JPG

I had them on the front and rear of my stretched Typhon (sold it last year)
I thought it looked good with one on the rear also. I couldn't tell you now which versions/models they are, but maybe the picture could help.

View attachment 96590

View attachment 96589
I have your rear on my front. I might consider adding a rear now too. Just took it out for a quick run at work. It's a drifting dream, but got a little too close to immovable objects on some of the slides.
A nice daylight pic
20200827_071951.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back