Typhon TYPHON 6S EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBOB

Reaction score
HAS ANYONE TRIED A KRATON 6S OR A TALION EXB FRONT AND REAR LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIALS IN THE FRONT AND REAR OF A TYPHON 6S CAR?

It would make you slower

It’s the gearing… the typhon uses a 13t pinion and the Kraton uses a 10t…

Properly shimmed, if your using the right sized tires.. I’ve never really had a diff problem with my typhon diffs.

It would make you slower

WITH A 46T SPUR GEAR? AND A CASTLE 1717 1650KV COMBO? WITH 26/46 GEARING

All things equal, yes. The internal gear ratio on the Talion is 4.3:1 while it is 3.308:1 on the Typhon. You'd have to run the numbers to see how your changes affect the overall gear ratio.

I guess a better question would be what are you trying to achieve?? If your after a speed, adjust gearing to compensate and get to your goal. If it’s not a question of breakage or durability, there’s no reason at all to switch to an EXB diff…

I guess a better question would be what are you trying to achieve?? If your after a speed, adjust gearing to compensate and get to your goal. If it’s not a question of breakage or durability, there’s no reason at all to switch to an EXB diff…
i watched a video on youtube the person in the video was running a castle creation mmx8s esc with a hobbywing 4985b1650kv motor with 23/46 gearing and exb differentials in the front and rear he was able to get the buggy up to 62mph i want to turn my typhon to a off road speed basher 66mph or 67mph will be good enough for me he truggified the typhon also

Last edited:
I run a MMX8S and 1717 1260kv in a truggified Typhon that has regular V5 Kraton diffs (43/10),with the belted Katars from the Talion, and high 50'smph is easy... im running 20/46 and it would handle 24/46 no problem, so your 65mph goal is very doable

i watched a video on youtube the person in the video was running a castle creation mmx8s esc with a hobbywing 4985b1650kv motor with 23/46 gearing and exb differentials in the front and rear he was able to get the buggy up to 62mph i want to turn my typhon to a off road speed basher 66mph or 67mph will be good enough for me he truggified the typhon also
Truggified typhons are fun. I have one but I'm using mojave stock tires. mmx8s + tp 4060cm 2080kv. I actually broke a sun gear in a diff with this setup so if you plan on going even bigger tires, using exb diffs will be a good idea.

I bet that mmx8s esc paired with the tp 2080kv is a beast in a truggified typhon
I run a MMX8S and 1717 1260kv in a truggified Typhon that has regular V5 Kraton diffs (43/10),with the belted Katars from the Talion, and high 50'smph is easy... im running 20/46 and it would handle 24/46 no problem, so your 65mph goal is very doable
the guy in the video got the typhon up to 62mph and he said that he could have gotten the speed higher but he ran out of room and he could not give the typhon full throttle

Last edited:
I was going to say that as well, I find myself out of room 90% of the time before I can actually ring it out, I don't have quick access to huge open fields unfortunately... I'm more into the violent power/wheelies anyways, I know it's hard on stuff but maintenance and repairs/upgrades are almost as fun as driving to me

Im running Stock Typhon Difs in a LWB Kraphon. I have a XLWB chassis coming (2" longer than Kraton) just so I can see if I can get higher throttle by keeping the front wheels on the ground more.

There are so many videos. So many variables.

Im shopping for Dif's too.
I Love the sound of straight-cut gears that the Typhon has. But the spiral cut ones in the Kraton Difs handle power better but who cares. The Typhon DIfs at 43/13 will make it easier to go faster on pavement, I believe. But not handle loads as well as the Kraton 43/10.
Then there are the LSD GP4 Difs which are EXB.

Typhon 6S (Arrma Claims 70 mph+)
- Stock Fitted Pinion: 16T
- Stock Fitted Spur: 50T
- Dif Crown Gear: 43t
- Dif pinion Gear: 13t
- internal Gear Ratio: 3.3
- Final Drive Ratio: 10.31:1
- Tire diameter: 4.6" (117mm)

Talion/Kraton 6S EXB (Arrma Claims 60-70 mph+)
- Stock Fitted Pinion: 15t
- Stock Fitted Spur: 50t
- Dif pinion Gear: 10t
- internal Gear Ratio: 4:3
- Final Drive Ratio: 14.33:1
Talion- Tire diameter: 5.71" (145mm)
Kraton - Tire diameter: 6.5" (169mm)

Kraphon 6S
i get 60 mph+ over Grass, can't achieve full throttle.
* Upgraded Pinion: 18T
- Final Drive Ratio: 9.167
- Tire diameter: 6.5" (169mm)

Kraphon 6S
I get 65 mph+ on Asphalt, Still can't achieve full throttle.

theoretically possible.
IMG_2816.jpeg

Typhon 3S
I do 73 mph+ on road All-day-long! Full Throttle.
* Upgraded Pinion: 20T
- Stock Fitted Spur: 57T
- Dif Crown Gear: ??
- Dif pinion Gear: ??
- internal Gear Ratio: 2.85
- Final Drive Ratio: 7.12
- Tire overall diameter: 4.6" (117mm)
- Weight: 5.68 lbs (2.58kg)

Last edited:
Im running Stock Typhon Difs in a LWB Kraphon. I have a XLWB chassis coming (2" longer than Kraton) just so I can see if I can get higher throttle by keeping the front wheels on the ground more.

There are so many videos. So many variables.

Im shopping for Dif's too.
I Love the sound of straight-cut gears that the Typhon has. But the spiral cut ones in the Kraton Difs handle power better but who cares. The Typhon DIfs at 43/13 will make it easier to go faster on pavement, I believe. But not handle loads as well as the Kraton 43/10.
Then there are the LSD GP4 Difs which are EXB.

Typhon 6S (Arrma Claims 70 mph+)
- Stock Fitted Pinion: 16T
- Final Drive Ratio: 10.31:1

Talion/Kraton 6S EXB (Arrma Claims 60-70 mph+)
- Stock Fitted Pinion: 15t
- Stock Fitted Spur: 50t
- Dif pinion Gear: 10t
- internal Gear Ratio: 4:3
- Final Drive Ratio: 14.33:1
Talion- Tire diameter: 5.71" (145mm)
Kraton - Tire diameter: 6.5" (169mm)

Kraphon 6S
i get 60 mph+ over Grass, can't achieve full throttle.
* Upgraded Pinion: 18T
- Final Drive Ratio: 9.167
- Tire diameter: 6.5" (169mm)

Kraphon 6S
I get 65 mph+ on Asphalt, Still can't achieve full throttle.

theoretically possible.
View attachment 234278

Typhon 3S
I do 73 mph+ on road All-day-long! Full Throttle.
* Upgraded Pinion: 20T
- Stock Fitted Spur: 57T
- Dif Crown Gear: ??
- Dif pinion Gear: ??
- internal Gear Ratio: 2.85
- Final Drive Ratio: 7.12
- Tire overall diameter: 4.6" (117mm)
- Weight: 5.68 lbs (2.58kg)
You’ll never actually see 4.2V from your batteries under load. I’d change that setting to the minimum. 3.75V if I remember correctly. Will be closer to reality.

You’ll never actually see 4.2V from your batteries under load. I’d change that setting to the minimum. 3.75V if I remember correctly. Will be closer to reality.

Oh yeah, its theoretical, At 4.00v/cell its still 106mph. Its Never going that fast. Im referring more to the final drive ration.

If I swap out my Typhon Difs for Kraton ones look at the difference in final drive.
With the Typhon Difs and gearing im using in my Kraphon the motors and esc gets much hotter.

IMG_2818.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back