Typhon Typhon 6s front tire Ballooning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn.. Im reading a lot of 200k 300k 500k numbers..
For either a Talion, Notorious or a Outcast.. Wich come with 100k stock.. Well.. In that case its a raise of 200% to 500%
But the Typhon comes stock with just 10k.. So that makes it a raise of 2000% to 5000% !!!

FWIW the Typhon 6S V4 comes with 7K front/back and 100K center.

I just changed mine to 200K center and 10K front/back. First runs in a day or so on that.

FWIW the Typhon 6S V4 comes with 7K front/back and 100K center.

I just changed mine to 200K center and 10K front/back. First runs in a day or so on that.

Im running a V3 Typhon myself.. Wich came with 10k centre.. 7k front and back..

Looks like Arrma changed the centre with the new V4 to 100k indeed..

It basically depends on what surface you run on. I noticed a huge change for the better on smooth tarmac after changing to 300k on the centre diff but when I tried hard acceleration on a bumpy loose surface it darted around in every direction and was hard to keep straight... where before with stock diff oil while it didnt get the same drive... it was a lot more controlable. Horses for courses...

Just try your buggy on a loose bumpy surface and you will see what I mean..

Dunno if you have seen this..

View attachment 43958

Just saved this image!
Saves me a thousand words per year explaining diff fluids lol.

I upped the Kraton to 500k center and it solved the front ballooning issues. It also seemed to improve the control of backflips significantly.

For track driving this would have been over doing it. In a track racing scenario you want to avoid the rear oversteer scenario to some extent. The rear will try to come around the front, the center diff's tendency to send more power the front wheels is a good thing in moderation. I will always take some front understeer from lots of power going to the front before having spin-outs due to too much power on the rear wheels.

Then there is tire options, alignments, steering Ackerman etc are a whole separate topic that can go on and on and on and on....

A couple of people contacted Arrma and they confirmed 100K in the center of the V4 is correct.
It (100k)may be the correct V4 Typh. Cst. But some of those Typhons most likely came with 10K in the center inadvertantly I imagine?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back