Senton Typhon 6s / Infraction 6s / Limitless -- can't decide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Vylan

If you're in control, you're not going fast enough
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
Even though I'm less than 5 weeks into the hobby I'm already looking for something to play on the pavement. I'm extremely happy with my Senton 3s and I'm having a blast. I prefer to do road racing style with turns, not drifting. I'm not that interested in speed runs in a straight line. I'm guessing the Typhon (road tires) is the best based on review even if it is a buggy. The Limitless looks cool but concerned it is primarily for doing speed runs. I'm not interested in other manufacturers since I'm really liking everything Arrma has to offer. I'm open to hearing about other options but prefer to stick with Arrma based on this amazing community.

Please let me know your experience or valued opinion.

Thanks,
Vylan

I think the Typhon will be your best bet for what you are wanting. The Limitless and Infraction are the same minus body and center diff vs spool and are very low profile to the ground so suspension is not as tuneable making speed runs or drifting the styles suited for them best. The Typhon will be more of a balanced machine with it's shorter wheel base being better for turns and with more suspension travel it can be tuned better for cornering. An open wheel buggy also makes it easy to convert it to off-road basher and/or monster truggy with just a tire and pinion change.

I think the Typhon will be your best bet for what you are wanting. The Limitless and Infraction are the same minus body and center diff vs spool and are very low profile to the ground so suspension is not as tuneable making speed runs or drifting the styles suited for them best. The Typhon will be more of a balanced machine with it's shorter wheel base being better for turns and with more suspension travel it can be tuned better for cornering. An open wheel buggy also makes it easy to convert it to off-road basher and/or monster truggy with just a tire and pinion change.
As I suspected.
The Typhon seems like the best bet. Ordering soon. I'll wait for others to chime in but I'm pretty sold on this amazing beast.
Frankly, for road the Senton that you have is not half bad, get a road tires and thats it.
I'm actually getting road tires and agree that it does well on the street. I simply have the ability to splurge and considering a second vehicle.

I have an infraction that drifts on 18/46 and surpasses 100 mph on 35/46, but both don't meet your needs.

I'd say go with Typhon, even though i don't personally have one lolz

Can i nudge you to something more different than your Senton? nothing wrong with the Typhon (have it) but if you already have a short-course, you can consider something less similar, Make your Senton take the on-road duties, and your other car a Talion maybe?

The Infraction/Limitless handles great once you have some heat in the tires but I don’t know that they’d be more *fun* on the road than a Typhon for what you want to do with them. I’m looking to get one as well due to the modularity of that platform.

Be honest I think the typhon actually takes more abuse. It seems not to break as often as kraton outcast talion with longer arms. Plus you can make it to whatever. Very buildsble platform

Be honest I think the typhon actually takes more abuse. It seems not to break as often as kraton outcast talion with longer arms. Plus you can make it to whatever. Very buildsble platform
It must break less often... rpm didn’t even decide to make arms for it ??

hmmm, now I have a lot to think about.

A) use the Senton 3s for road and get the Talion 6s for off-road
https://www.arrma-rc.com/rc-cars/latest/talion/blx

B) use the Senton 3s as-is for off-road and get the Typhon 6s for road
https://www.arrma-rc.com/rc-cars/latest/typhon/blx

TALIONTYPHON
VEHICLE TYPESpeed TruggyBuggy
RIDE HEIGHT45mm / 1.77"27mm / 1.06"
BODY LENGTH442mm / 17.4"325mm / 12.8"
WEIGHT (NO BATTERY)4.19kg / 9lbs 4oz3.42kg / 7lbs 9oz
STANDARD FINAL GEAR RATIO16.5411.79
Talion. Can be setup for speed or bashing

FUN FACTS:
The final drive ratio is the last bit of gearing between your transmission and the driven wheels. By changing it, you can affect the performance of your car, rather dramatically in some cases.

In general, a lower final drive ratio will lead to less torque at the wheels but a higher top speed. Meanwhile, a higher ratio will result in the opposite, i.e. more torque at the wheels but a lower top speed. Remember, this is done without any change to the power and torque of the engine.
Talion. Can be setup for speed or bashing
How so?
As in gearing, suspension, and tires? Or is it simpler than that?
The two cars look very close except for a few things like size, ride height, and gearing. I know, I know... that makes a world of difference.

The tires are much bigger, handling off-road better, while the suspension is tuned much “flatter” then the likes of the Kraton or Mohave, making it a good on-road car
Got it!
The tires are much bigger, handling off-road better, while the suspension is tuned much “flatter” then the likes of the Kraton or Mohave, making it a good on-road car
Hence the $70 difference.

My vote Typhon, the others eat tires like a fat kid!

Wait a bit and see what other exb models they release, I’m waiting for the exb Mojave (would’ve preferred an exb senton 6s but oh well)

Wait a bit and see what other exb models they release, I’m waiting for the exb Mojave (would’ve preferred an exb senton 6s but oh well)
Mojave has vented tires ??‍♂️?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back