Typhon Typhon 6s keeps flipping over

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niz55

Very Active Member
Reaction score
I would like to know what is the reason my car keeps flipping over when I slow down and turn ? I have never had this issue with my kyosho mp9. I could easily turn with full throttle.

Any adjustments I can do to fix this issue?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi Niz, just some first thoughts: what surface are you driving on? What tires do you have? Do you use sway bars? Do you have an esc with drag brake on? Is your transmitter calibrated correctly? Is your ride height stock? What diff oils weight do you use? Does your drivetrain move without binding?
Could be multiple things causing this.

100% stock car and ride height.

Drove train does not bind at all.

Transmitter is calibrated.

This happens on soccer field today on the grass

When I push the car it is little hard to push and you can hear the gears. I would think this is normal.

That is odd, I know I have tried but I have not been able to traction roll my Outcast.

If you watch this video from 4:11-4:20 . That is exactly what happens to my car when running it on the grass. On asphalt never happens.

This is my first electric rc car. I have been running nitro buggies for long time so maybe it is normal?

Ok, so a lot of lipo weight.
It looks normal to me, just too much entry speed and full steering. The weight comes in and flip there she goes. Had that a million times.
Every rc has a different feel you have to get used to.

I guess I have to adjust my driving on this car.

But loving it so far. It is crazy fast. I spin all 4 tires for a good 6 feet at full throttle on asphalt and you can see the tire marks. No nitro can do that.

It crazy right, nothing compares to 1/8 on 6s!
And just wait until you install a larger pinion.
I went to 18t with the Typhon, it became a land rocket. Now back to 16t, it's my sweet spot for offroad bashing.

Wait. The optional gear that comes with it is 16 correct? I am.running whatever that came in the car.

It will roll on asphalt as well with a different tires, the stock tire simply don't have enough grip on asphalt.

This car is tuned to be twitchy, way more than my Talion which is flatter and calmer. If you want to make it calmer you can try add more caster (by moving the shims on the top front arms to the front - so the arm will be further back), this will add negative camber when you turn so it will be less likely to flip.

you can also maybe move the front shocks to the inner mounting point, it will make the turning less aggressive at the start of the turn.

Another thing you can try is moving the steering links further to the front of the Ackerman plate.

My typhon 3s also flips on grass -but less on other terrain- when turning at even moderate speed. During a turn the car’s rear-end likes to slide out, causing the back tires to bite sideways into the grass & flip.

Today I was told that to improve cornering I should soften the shocks, and adjust wheel angles via the turnbuckles to bring top of wheels in a little.
I’m going to try it out soon, any thoughts appreciated.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back