Typhon 6s motor and esc in a typhone 3s build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bwelch1984

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Need help

Attachments

• 15683799260138729410609827133986.jpg
    15683799260138729410609827133986.jpg
    304 KB · Views: 112
Wouldnt go there if i were you.. Its gonna last only a single 6s pack.. If youre lucky!

Let me rephrase that..

The 3s rigs arent really made to handle any more than 3s.. If you put in a 4 to 6s setup.. Theres loads of trouble waiting to happen.. Stuff is gonna break prob every run.. Driveshafts, motormounts, spurgear..

Last edited:
I agree, too much power for the chassis and components!

Guys this is OPs 1st post and imagine shot down his aspirations. We are supposed to help out the new members and not ridicule them. He may take the joking around the wrong way and leave a bad taste.

Op, what everyone is trying to suggest is that putting a 6s system in a 3s rig isn't really a good idea. Best of luck! :)(y)

I run my 3s Typhon on 4s with the stock 3s motor and it absolutely rips!! only issues I have had are the driveshafts!
I have the BLX120 2400kv combo out of the 4S rigs in mine and run on 4S. Can’t imagine needing anything more in this light of a vehicle.

Wouldnt go there if i were you.. Its gonna last only a single 6s pack.. If youre lucky!

Let me rephrase that..

The 3s rigs arent really made to handle any more than 3s.. If you put in a 4 to 6s setup.. Theres loads of trouble waiting to happen.. Stuff is gonna break prob every run.. Driveshafts, motormounts, spurgear..
It actually holds up fairly well to 6s, but 6s is just way too much power for these things for offroad use, there were guys running 6s on the Megas and they were only breaking the plastic output shaft for the slipper assembly and stripping stock spurs.

I mounted a BLX185 on top of the receiver box in my Granite. That's where you should mount yours. I'm not sure about having the fan sucking in hot air off the motor with the way you have it. Just a suggestion.

I mounted a BLX185 on top of the receiver box in my Granite. That's where you should mount yours. I'm not sure about having the fan sucking in hot air off the motor with the way you have it. Just a suggestion.
I would have to cut the body and it would be scraping in the dirt everytime I flip it.. i was gonna just get a cooling fan maybe?

Let me rephrase that..

HR just came out with some heavy duty axels and I'm running all metal for gears.. hopefully it will not break everything but either way i will have fun breaking stuff...I always do.. we race mostly ovals with about 20 to 30 buggys a race so I break stuff no matter what I run lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back