Typhon 6s motor/esc inside 3s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djdjdjshsh

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
So I got a typhon 3s and I was thinking about getting the 2050kv motor and 150 esc combo then putting a 32t pinion gear and 65t spur gear on the motor and probably metal differentials, would this work fine or not (I’ve been into rc for almost a week so please be patient if my ambitions don’t make sense I’m very new)
-thank you

77468001-FCCA-42F8-8F3F-42DF406CAF4E.png

That pinion and spur won’t fit. You can go up to a 26T pinion with the stock 57T spur. Get a smaller spur if you need to fit a larger pinion.

That combo would work but you can find it cheaper on JennysRC. The motor is heavier than what you need though. Weight is the enemy.

Honestly if I were you, I'd just get the 150a spektrum esc and get a different motor.

This is a rebranded rocket motor 4068 2650kv and it will be a much better fit than the stock arrma 6s motor. You won't have to gear as high either and its only 50$ and the bullets plug right into the stock 150a esc

Oh and this motor will run on 3s or 4s

Last edited:
Stay with 3s there. Save your $$. You will be going down a $rabbit hole$ of breakage and needed upgrade parts there. Like many have.
Just buy a real 6s rig and you will have that second rig as a backup when the other is downed for repair.
I feel the 4x4 line chassis platform is already maxxed out running 3s gear. Where it is most durable, as is.
Many have done this.
It's your wallet.
Enjoy the ride.

Honestly if I were you, I'd just get the 150a spektrum esc and get a different motor.

This is a rebranded rocket motor 4068 2650kv and it will be a much better fit than the stock arrma 6s motor. You won't have to gear as high either and its only 50$ and the bullets plug right into the stock 150a esc

Oh and this motor will run on 3s or 4s
What would you suggest regarding pinion gears and spurs, I want a good balance of torque/acceleration and top speed, so would a 32t pinion gear and 53t spur gear work

(Also sorry if I sound like a dumbass I’m very new to rc)

What would you suggest regarding pinion gears and spurs, I want a good balance of torque/acceleration and top speed, so would a 32t pinion gear and 53t spur gear work

(Also sorry if I sound like a dumbass I’m very new to rc)
Is this for on road?

Stay with 3s there. Save your $$. You will be going down a $rabbit hole$ of breakage and needed upgrade parts there. Like many have.
Just buy a real 6s rig and you will have that second rig as a backup when the other is downed for repair.
I feel the 4x4 line chassis platform is already maxxed out running 3s gear. Where it is most durable, as is.
Many have done this.
It's your wallet.
Enjoy the ride.
Best advice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back