Typhon Typhon 6S Motor Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaperBoyRC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Outcast 8s
My stock Typhon 6S motor runs pretty hot. I like to run it on 6S at 100% power and can only get a few minutes into a pack before I need to let it cool.

Some fans are on order, but I’m not sure that will be enough.

Has anyone tried a geared up, larger can in the 1600kv range to maintain manageable temps in warm weather?

Looking for power and reliability! 😎🤪🚀

My stock Typhon 6S motor runs pretty hot. I like to run it on 6S at 100% power and can only get a few minutes into a pack before I need to let it cool.

Has anyone tried a geared up, larger can in the 1600kv range to maintain manageable temps in warm weather?

I'm running the MMX8S and 1650KV motor from HW. 23T pinion. I have to test it, but I know that it runs well on my Mojave EXB with fans on the motor. Same gearing. I did have to install the PPS motor mount. I don't think that the bigger motors fit on the stock Typhon 6s motor mount. I believe that the Max 6 fits in there too, but it's a much tighter fit

Fans will actually make a really big difference. Personally, I run a mmx8s and tp 4060 in my typhon the 1750 kv is really nice.

I'm running the MMX8S and 1650KV motor from HW. 23T pinion. I have to test it, but I know that it runs well on my Mojave EXB with fans on the motor. Same gearing. I did have to install the PPS motor mount. I don't think that the bigger motors fit on the stock Typhon 6s motor mount. I believe that the Max 6 fits in there too, but it's a much tighter fit
That sounds sick and thank you for the insight! Can’t wait to hear how it flies with that 23T pinion 🤙.
Fans will actually make a really big difference. Personally, I run a mmx8s and tp 4060 in my typhon the 1750 kv is really nice.
I’ll definitely give it a good test once the fans arrive. Thank you for the tip! 🤙👌

I’m currently running a spicy 18/46. With Belted badlands so more rollout than buggy treads not much, bout a tooth or two. The 2050kv has been a beast for me. I put nhx dual cyclones on it early on. I credit it’s life to those little screamers. The spektrum esc died a very hot death but served many hot suppers. Mmx8s in it now. Really woke it up. Fans and esc is better than a new motor.. Always (laws of electricity, and scientific stuff). And also consider a mmx8s flows more current than a max 5. Castle doesn’t list max amps as the hard limit electronics wise is thermal performance. and mechanically it’s rotational speed. So You can flow more amps through an esc in the arctic than I could in the plains of Australia.

I’m currently running a spicy 18/46. With Belted badlands so more rollout than buggy treads not much, bout a tooth or two. The 2050kv has been a beast for me. I put nhx dual cyclones on it early on. I credit it’s life to those little screamers. The spektrum esc died a very hot death but served many hot suppers. Mmx8s in it now. Really woke it up. Fans and esc is better than a new motor.. Always (laws of electricity, and scientific stuff). And also consider a mmx8s flows more current than a max 5. Castle doesn’t list max amps as the hard limit electronics wise is thermal performance. and mechanically it’s rotational speed. So You can flow more amps through an esc in the arctic than I could in the plains of Australia.
Perfect, thanks man! This is just the kind of insight I was hoping for. I have noticed the stock ESC’s on all my Armma rigs have been a slight limiting factor. I’ll check out that mmx8s. Thanks!

I max6 most of my rigs but do have a few mmx8s in the mix. On the typhon the real estate under the body kinda sucks for sure. I run a max6/hobbystar 4092 1730kv with dual yeah racing fans on both my on road and off road typhons.

typhon2.jpg

I max6 most of my rigs but do have a few mmx8s in the mix. On the typhon the real estate under the body kinda sucks for sure. I run a max6/hobbystar 4092 1730kv with dual yeah racing fans on both my on road and off road typhons.

View attachment 221274
Awesome looking rig 👊.

What gearing and speeds are you getting with the 1730kv?

Awesome looking rig 👊.

What gearing and speeds are you getting with the 1730kv?
Not sure on speed but i run 24/46 on everything. I don't have the biggest parking lot to rip around in.

Just ordered a max6 combo w a 4985 1650kv to put in my frankenbuild, will it fit w/ stock motor mount? Sorry if this has already been answered
It will fit just fine. (y)

Thank you, this is "supposed " to be a budget build so I didn't want to spend the coin on a Pps if I didn't have to
If all else failed you could have got the 50 series motor mount plate for less than $20. I bought a pps and the adjustable screw part won’t line up with the hole in the mount

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back