Typhon Typhon 6s not staying straight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StephenSchandelmayer

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Mojave 4s
  3. Outcast 4s
  4. Typhon 6s
So when I drive my typhon slow it will go nice and straight but when I put it under power it veers left pretty hard. I have thought about it for a long time and tinkered with a few things trying to figure it out but I just cant seem to fix it. Maybe I am not thinking about something small and dumb but that's why I'm here, any thoughts?

This happens to me when there's grass/dirt/horse hair (I live on a farm) stuck in the axles, causing the wheels to bind up a bit. Check yours by taking off the wheels, hexes and driveshafts and have a look at your bearings

So when I drive my typhon slow it will go nice and straight but when I put it under power it veers left pretty hard. I have thought about it for a long time and tinkered with a few things trying to figure it out but I just cant seem to fix it. Maybe I am not thinking about something small and dumb but that's why I'm here, any thoughts?
I've also had it once when he pulled to the left as if went full throttle.
I hit a pole one and everything looked good. but it pulled to the left and it turned out to be a hinge pin that was bent.
Do mabey you van check that

This happens to me when there's grass/dirt/horse hair (I live on a farm) stuck in the axles, causing the wheels to bind up a bit. Check yours by taking off the wheels, hexes and driveshafts and have a look at your bearings

Good idea I will check those things out for sure. I do run in some tall grass so that can be possible
I've also had it once when he pulled to the left as if went full throttle.
I hit a pole one and everything looked good. but it pulled to the left and it turned out to be a hinge pin that was bent.
Do mabey you van check that

Hmmm I wouldn't think a hinge pin would do that but I guess that's possible! Will be checking that also thank you

Check your diffs. Sounds like maybe one side of the diff is looser than the other. Power is going out one side.

Check your diffs. Sounds like maybe one side of the diff is looser than the other. Power is going out one side.

I was thinking that also. That was actually the main thing in my head but I was hoping to avoid tearing into it. But now after you saying it too then I'm guessing that's going to be the fix. Thank you for the input

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back