Typhon Typhon 6s ready for truggie mode. Complete! Now it's a Hybrid!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm waiting on a Tactic from Jennys. Wouldn't dare take it out with the stock Spektrum.
Me either !!!!!! I didn't drive my Typhon/Talion/Mojave on that radio . Futaba in the Typhon/Talion and a Traxxas TQi in the Mojave !!!! LOL ( works great !!!! )
Stock pinion. I do have the 20T pinion in my tool box. I would have to put the stock tires back and run it on a huge parking lot close to me if I were to do that. The 20T is only for flat surfaces from what I understand. I'm thinking about getting me one of those GPS devices to see what kind of top speed I can get ?
I put a 16t in my Typhon and Talion , put a 15t in Typhon now for the Truggy mode .

Me either !!!!!! I didn't drive my Typhon/Talion/Mojave on that radio . Futaba in the Typhon/Talion and a Traxxas TQi in the Mojave !!!! LOL ( works great !!!! )

I put a 16t in my Typhon and Talion , put a 15t in Typhon now for the Truggy mode .
So 16t for speed runs and 15t for bashing? I want to hit 70mph on my Typhon one day. I'm assuming that can't be done with the 16t one.

No , the 16t as a happy medium , faster than stock (14t) but no worry about overheating (20t) . But with the 2.8's which are taller , again I split the diff and went to a 15t . My Talion with a 16t is faster because of the taller tires

Tried some 4s batteries that are intended for future vehicle (xmaxx 8s). SMC 6700 75C 4s with XT90 connector. Guess what? My Typhon is STILL a freaking beast even on 4s. This buggie moves so fast (even on 4s) on pavement that it's amazing. It keeps surprising me!

OK, since my motor got loose on me, I decided to install the 20T pinion and get it over with. On 4s it's freaking fast, but on 6s it's insanity! I barely have time to slam on the brakes before almost hitting things, and there was not enough room even at the big parking lot at work. Wow.

OK, since my motor got loose on me, I decided to install the 20T pinion and get it over with. On 4s it's freaking fast, but on 6s it's insanity! I barely have time to slam on the brakes before almost hitting things, and there was not enough room even at the big parking lot at work. Wow.
Yeah I installed that pinion in stock spur but with a 2000kv and was stupid fast it moved and pinion seized up on shaft never used it again

Well my Typhon 6s is insanely fast with the 20T pinion, but I've noticed it devours my batteries in like half the time. Normal I'm assuming. I might try the 16T like someone suggested here. If not, I'll just go back to stock. Thoughts? Oh yeah, and I managed to wear out the stock tires in like 3 runs with that stock pinion too (the rear ones). Wow.

Well my Typhon 6s is insanely fast with the 20T pinion, but I've noticed it devours my batteries in like half the time. Normal I'm assuming. I might try the 16T like someone suggested here. If not, I'll just go back to stock. Thoughts? Oh yeah, and I managed to wear out the stock tires in like 3 runs with that stock pinion too (the rear ones). Wow.
blasting around on tarmac / asphalt tends to "eat up" the stock tires, three packs seems about standard ;)
Using some street tires helps a little there, BUT nothing beats blasting around offroad on 2.8 badlands with this rig in my opinion.
Have yet to install a bigger pinion..

blasting around on tarmac / asphalt tends to "eat up" the stock tires, three packs seems about standard ;)
Using some street tires helps a little there, BUT nothing beats blasting around offroad on 2.8 badlands with this rig in my opinion.
Have yet to install a bigger pinion..
I meant to say I made the rear tires bald in some spots with the 20T pinion. Hehehe. Yeah, the 2.8 badlands are nice, but a couple of them began to get unglued from the rim, so I did put some tire glue on them and I'll see what happens once I swap out the tires again. Also, my Typhon loves to wheelie with those tires. Even when I'm at half throttle already, which is amazing to me ?.

I ran my Typhon 6s with a 16T and it was already faster then I thought it needed to be. Except for a dedicated speed runner, 16T is plenty fast for off road and occasional tarmac runs. My punch is still set at 4, and I'm not sure how much more would be needed to make it feel any better. It also turns on a dime with the 25KG servo I put in, so it's really hard to handle on road with stock tires at full bore. With those big truggy tires, it would be even more of a handful at high speeds. I'm so totally impressed with how amazing this buggy is in its stock power form. Gonna just enjoy it like this as long as I can.

I ran my Typhon 6s with a 16T and it was already faster then I thought it needed to be. Except for a dedicated speed runner, 16T is plenty fast for off road and occasional tarmac runs. My punch is still set at 4, and I'm not sure how much more would be needed to make it feel any better. It also turns on a dime with the 25KG servo I put in, so it's really hard to handle on road with stock tires at full bore. With those big truggy tires, it would be even more of a handful at high speeds. I'm so totally impressed with how amazing this buggy is in its stock power form. Gonna just enjoy it like this as long as I can.
Nice. How do 5200mAh batteries hold up with the 16T pinion? I guess I can try it out and see for myself. Hehe. With the stock pinion it lasted about 1/2 an hour approximately. Thanks.

Nice. How do 5200mAh batteries hold up with the 16T pinion? I guess I can try it out and see for myself. Hehe. With the stock pinion it lasted about 1/2 an hour approximately. Thanks.
Haven't had a chance yet, but I hope much better than the 5000.

Took a big jump today. After that, red light is flashing on my esc. Like when the radio is off. No response from the vehicle (no acceleration or steering). Maybe I need to rebind the radio to the receiver? I have a rebind plug somewhere around but I can't find it (tactic ttx300). Does anyone know how to rebind this radio without the plug? Weird right? I checked all connections and they are fine inside the receiver box.

I read the manual. It says to press down the link button on the ESC with a paper clip, turn on the vehicle, while holding the link button, there should be a blinking light on the receiver, but that is not happening. It only blinks once (it should be constantly blinking until you turn on your radio) . Either something is wrong with the receiver or a wire. I'll call Arrma if it's the receiver, since my vehicle is not that old. I should have read the manual first before asking. Hehe.

Since my Kaiju broke, I stole the tires from it and installed them on my Typhon 6s. They fit. A little rubbing on the body, but my body was already trashed anyways ?. Popped off my shock cap on one of the front shocks from big air. Last time it was the rear one. I guess I can look for aftermarket aluminum ones no? Shock caps
20200326_153334.jpg
20200326_151747.jpg
20200326_153334.jpg

Attachments

• 20200326_153334.jpg
    20200326_153334.jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 35
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back