Typhon Typhon 6s ready for truggie mode. Complete! Now it's a Hybrid!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hybrid Typhon 6s in action. First run went well

It was a fun day with my hybrid Typhon 6s. I managed to bend the rear M2C shock tower and I also blew up a Kaiju tire. Fun fun 🤣

20220626_122024.jpg
20220626_124508.jpg

Hybrid Typhon 6s in action. First run went well

Big Help here. Thanks!

The stock Typhon 6S shocks are not working with me as a truggy. Just pulls the car Down at any speed. And yeah, its too short!
I put Kraton hubs and hexes on it, I have the all the Kraton driveshafts and was going to do the Kraton Arms but I thought it was too short for that width.

Did you use these? There are 2 different versions.
ARRMA MOJAVE 6S BLX V2 - REAR SHOCKS

Big Help here. Thanks!

The stock Typhon 6S shocks are not working with me as a truggy. Just pulls the car Down at any speed. And yeah, its too short!
I put Kraton hubs and hexes on it, I have the all the Kraton driveshafts and was going to do the Kraton Arms but I thought it was too short for that width.

I used Mojave EXB rear shocks that I bought off ebay. So not sure if they are the same as the regular Mojave? I don't think that they are.
Big Help here. Thanks!

It looks like the only difference is the shock rod ends on the EXB shocks are stronger. I would go for those, since they are the same price as the regular Mojave shocks 👍
Big Help here. Thanks!

It looks like the only difference is the shock rod ends on the EXB shocks are stronger. I would go for those, since they are the same price as the regular Mojave shocks 👍

Last edited:
I used Mojave EXB rear shocks that I bought off ebay. So not sure if they are the same as the regular Mojave? I don't think that they are.

Thanks!
Im going to move the Typhon's Rears to the Front.
I ordered Mojave EXB rear shocks from Jennys for the Rear.
Not an exact match but it'll do. Spring sets are cheap too at $9.
Going to try some belted hoons at 107mm. These DuraTrax im using are 136mm diam.

Typhon 6S BLX v5
Front Shock Body 16x49mm Aluminum, (ARAC9068)
Front Shock Spring, 70mm M 75.5mm (ARAC8941)
Rear Shock Body 16x54mm Aluminum, (ARAC9072)
Rear Shock Spring 84mm M 56.6gf/mm (ARAC8948)
piston: ARAC8972

Mojave 6S EXB
Front Shock Body 16x54m Aluminum, (ARAC9071)
Front Shock Springs, 70mm 1.35N/sq.m (7.7 f-lb/in) (ARA330644)
Rear Shock Body 16x61mm Aluminum, (ARAC9073)
Rear Shock Springs, 110mm 0.56N/sq.m (3.2 f-lb/in) (ARA330643)

Last edited:
Thanks!
Im going to move the Typhon's Rears to the Front.
I ordered Mojave EXB rear shocks from Jennys for the Rear.
Not an exact match but it'll do. Spring sets are cheap too at $9.
Going to try some belted hoons at 107mm. These DuraTrax im using are 136mm diam.

Typhon 6S BLX v5
Front Shock Body 16x49mm Aluminum, (ARAC9068)
Front Shock Spring, 70mm M 75.5mm (ARAC8941)
Rear Shock Body 16x54mm Aluminum, (ARAC9072)
Rear Shock Spring 84mm M 56.6gf/mm (ARAC8948)

Mojave 6S EXB
Front Shock Body 16x54m Aluminum, (ARAC9071)
Front Shock Springs, 70mm 1.35N/sq.m (7.7 f-lb/in) (ARA330644)
Rear Shock Body 16x61mm Aluminum, (ARAC9073)
Rear Shock Springs, 110mm 0.56N/sq.m (3.2 f-lb/in) (ARA330643)
I tried using rear Outcast 6s shocks to the front, but they were still too short to work with the Typhon shock tower. Maybe you can make it work. That's why I put rear Mojave EXB shocks in the front and rear

Update on my Typhon 6s. The only thing left Typhon honestly is just the body. So everything else is Outcast 6s EXB a d regular outcast 6s parts. The Typhon shock towers with the Mojave shocks were not working well long term. I bending the shock shafts and there was still not enough enough bounce back. So I went ahead and installed front and rear EXB O6S Shock towers and I installed the shocks from the EXB too. Much better. I'm sure still using the Sketer tires. They are surprisingly good tires

20220918_112145.jpg

Update on my Typhon 6s. The only thing left Typhon honestly is just the body. So everything else is Outcast 6s EXB a d regular outcast 6s parts. The Typhon shock towers with the Mojave shocks were not working well long term. I bending the shock shafts and there was still not enough enough bounce back. So I went ahead and installed front and rear EXB O6S Shock towers and I installed the shocks from the EXB too. Much better. I'm sure still using the Sketer tires. They are surprisingly good tires

View attachment 244523
Looks very nice! Outta curiosity, do you know how much it weighs?

View attachment 244523
I went from the Mojave rear shocks to Kraton Rear and Front with Typhon Towers. The Mojave shocks need the Kraton Towers to work best. But I like the dynamics of the slightly shorter Typhon Towers on the BIG BUGGY. More buggy, less trucky.
Shoot for -1 to -2 camber on them tires.

Those Typhon tires would make good slicks pretty soon. ???
I felt the TLRT Tires ( OE Pins) are too hard for any offroad use.
I was thinking of leaving them for street bashing use myself. Just let em wear down to slicks.:LOL:
I might even cut the pins down to speed up the process.

That aside. For slicks, I find Simple green is a great tire prep. But recently, I used "Blaster Citrus degreaser" . Let dry and man do they stick like they are already at 200F degrees.

Not sure TBH, but I think that it might be slightly less than my EXB O6S that I bought used. I kind of like the hybrid Typhon better because the body is well protected by the shock towers during bad crashes and landings, which helps the body lasts way longer than the O6S body. I've experienced this with the O8S and K8S. The K8S body has outlasted at least two O8S bodies.

I felt the TLRT Tires ( OE Pins) are too hard for any offroad use.
I was thinking of leaving them for street bashing use myself. Just let em wear down to slicks.:LOL:
I might even cut the pins down to speed up the process.

That aside. For slicks, I find Simple green is a great tire prep. But recently, I used "Blaster Citrus degreaser" . Let dry and man do they stick like they are already at 200F degrees.
I've been using the TLR "Exabyte" tires on an Xray all summer..hardly any visible wear..or traction for that matter! LOL. I knew I shouldn't have given those Crimefighters to my brother for his Typhon 6s.. the things we do for family, LOL.😁🤣

BTW, I've probably spent as much money as getting an O6S and then ading all the EXB parts to achieve this. It's just an O6S with a Typhon 6s body now. It was fun, but I would never do this again. Too much $ wasted. But oh well. Even doing the truggified Typhon thing was like $150. But I guess I wanted more ground clearance and the extra width of the O6S 😂

BTW, I've probably spent as much money as getting an O6S and then ading all the EXB parts to achieve this. It's just an O6S with a Typhon 6s body now. It was fun, but I would never do this again. Too much $ wasted. But oh well. Even doing the truggified Typhon thing was like $150. But I guess I wanted more ground clearance and the extra width of the O6S 😂
Thats the sales model at Arrma/Horizon Hobby for sure. Here's the car On-Sale, now buy parts!

Where did you buy parts from?
I bought primarily at JRC and made compromises. Higher end parts are way more expensive. Id do them but only selectively.
Arrma parts appear to be cheap enough until it adds up! And $7 for 4 F'in screws Arrma? JRC!

Check out my recent evaluation. I keep good notes! And im left unattended allot, the notes and spreadsheets help keep me in line.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...on-and-mojave-bits-n-pieces.53029/post-804627

Thats the sales model at Arrma/Horizon Hobby for sure. Here's the car On-Sale, now buy parts!

Where did you buy parts from?
I bought primarily at JRC and made compromises. Higher end parts are way more expensive. Id do them but only selectively.
Arrma parts appear to be cheap enough until it adds up! And $7 for 4 F'in screws Arrma? JRC!

Check out my recent evaluation. I keep good notes! And im left unattended allot, the notes and spreadsheets help keep me in line.
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...on-and-mojave-bits-n-pieces.53029/post-804627
I always buy aftermarket bolts since you get a lot more for less. Even stainless steel ones. Yeah, I bought most of the parts from one of the people like JRC. And yes, Arrma does upsell the upgrades, but that's just every other RC manufacturer out there from what I've seen. It's fun the upgrade with Arrma aluminum (some parts are OK) and aftermarket, but it gets expensive very quickly indeed.

I do buy quite a bit from JRC too. I like to throw a screw kit in the cart every once in a while so I have them when needed. Sure, theres always something I'll likely never use in the kit, but for the price, it's a no brainer IMO. Try to stick with the better known hardware such as Arrma, TRX and such. Also, I've found that Redcat has upped their game with better quality screws in recent years.

I put a crack on the eye of one of the links on the last bash, so I swapped links between the O6S and the hybrid Typhon since I'm not jumping the O6S. I also lost all 3 bolts on the bottom of the motor mount. I probably didn't add enough loc tite, but I did this time. With only one fan, that 1650KV motor from hobbywing got pretty hot with 93F ambient weather. It got up to 180F with the 23t pinion.

20220930_105850.jpg
20220930_110715.jpg
20220930_110718.jpg
20220930_111214.jpg

I put a crack on the eye of one of the links on the last bash, so I swapped links between the O6S and the hybrid Typhon since I'm not jumping the O6S. I also lost all 3 bolts on the bottom of the motor mount. I probably didn't add enough loc tite, but I did this time. With only one fan, that 1650KV motor from hobbywing got pretty hot with 93F ambient weather. It got up to 180F with the 23t pinion.

View attachment 246954View attachment 246955View attachment 246956View attachment 246957
Oh snap, all 3 motor mount screws fell out?! Doh!! Lucky something didn't get tore up. I mix n match links and tie rods all the time, LOL.
My TC Kronos has links and tie rods from Arrma, HPI and Thunder Tiger on it, LOL.

Last edited:
Oh snap, all 3 motor mount screws fell out?! Doh!! Lucky something didn't get tore up. I mix n match links and tie rods all the time, LOL.
My TC Kronos has links and tie rods from Arrma, HPI and Thunder Tiger on it, LOL.
Oh yeah. I already put Typhon 6s upper control arms on my Sketer (I broke the stock one) . I also put a rear rod end from a 6s Arma (rod end and ball joint) to replace the rod end that I broke on my Sketer 🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back