Typhon Typhon 6s Roller pricing... What is fair?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LibertyMKiii

Aerodynamics speed junkie
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Mojave
  3. Typhon 6s
I have a 6s Typhon speed runner that I will be selling very soon, but having trouble coming up with a price.
My only reference has been "stock" RCs, but not sure what this would be worth....
Looking for input on what price I should list it for. It would be a roller meaning no motor, esc, radio, or servo.

Some details:
-Brand new Typhon chassis installed (never used)
-V4 sliding motor mount (new also never used)
-Hot Racing center spool with 34t spur
-GRP S3 tires/wheels. (some curb rash but very stable up to 96mph still)
-F&R diffs are brand new from Jennys RC
-Comes with parts for making a stretched Typhon (Kraton center drive shafts, HR rear Kraton chassis brace, extended rear body mounts)
-Shock bodies are a little worn and at least one is leaking.
-Front and rear aftermarket bumpers (I think they are T-bone)

This was it with the "stretched" Kraton Chassis, it will be regular Typhon length now. I will take some new pictures once I assemble everything on the new chassis.
I chopped up the Kraton chassis to be a template on my carbon fiber build....

Also an interesting note to all, OfferUp APP now has reduced UPS shipping where you can ship in the 10-20 Lbs range for $13.00
However, they do take around 10% of your sale...(and holds funds till the buyer confirms receipt)
All benefits for the buyer and an easy sale for the seller. With used RC stuff any sale is a good thing usually.

-Liberty

Last edited:
I should add that I am looking for a quick sale and not looking to make a large sum of money off the sale.

So what amount is cheap enough to be enticing for a buyer but fair. My goal in a sale is to have a price point where the buyer says, that's a great deal and I really don't have a need to haggle the price down.

There are 2 rollers on eBay right now with no wheels/tires included for $269 to $299.00

Would it be fair to price mine in that range given what I am including in the sale? (would you buy in that price range)

-Liberty

There are 2 rollers on eBay right now with no wheels/tires included for $269 to $299.00

Would it be fair to price mine in that range given what I am including in the sale? (would you buy in that price range)
I think it wouldn't be unreasonable at that price, ...you could always go say $289 with a note saying "open to offers" or "must sell so feel free to make an offer" etc.

Would be a good starting point for a speed run build. Good luck. (y)

I think it wouldn't be unreasonable at that price, ...you could always go say $289 with a note saying "open to offers" or "must sell so feel free to make an offer" etc.

Would be a good starting point for a speed run build. Good luck. (y)
Thanks for the feedback!
I hate selling it, but the dream build needs an XL-X ;)

I'd list it on eBay. For it to sell here it would need to be an AMAZING deal. That is what I feel based on experience.

Have to checked to see what it would cost to build what you are selling based on JRC prices? That might be a good starting point. Also, why is the shock leaking? They never leak ?

I'd list it on eBay. For it to sell here it would need to be an AMAZING deal. That is what I feel based on experience.

Have to checked to see what it would cost to build what you are selling based on JRC prices? That might be a good starting point. Also, why is the shock leaking? They never leak ?
I have not checked yet... may just have a lose cap.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back